Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    fair, hes been found innocent for god sake, get off the mans case, its the whole tabloid complex people have. bring some one up and cant wait to see them at their lowest.

ReputationRep:
    For an oxford lad, you're pretty sloppy Maybe I could get in next year?
    if you look at the bottom of his threads you'll see that he has dyslexia, not really his fault is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    [SARCASM]Yeah that's pretty much what happens most of the time, the jury decide beforehand and the evidence rarely influences their opinion...[/SARCASM]
    Fixed that for you matey....(to clear up any confusion )

(Original post by Scubar)
    at the moment, my personal view is that he needs to see a psychiatrist, while it might not have been a fair trial, there is no point grumbling about it
    Not grumbling, just analysing and discussing

It's interesting how people regard the severe minority as abnormal.

Motherless Child

ReputationRep:
    at the moment, my personal view is that he needs to see a psychiatrist, while it might not have been a fair trial, there is no point grumbling about it
    we are talking about some serious charges here

ReputationRep:
    if you look at the bottom of his threads you'll see that he has dyslexia, not really his fault is it?
    I have signatures disabled....but fair enough.

Motherless Child

ReputationRep:
    i know, but there is nothing we can do is there, perhaps the prosecution might move for a retrial, if that happens they'll just try the whole thing over again, if they don't then they don't,

grumbling about it now won't change what happened, he's been found not guilty, and while we all might think differently we have to accept the juries verdict

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laws)
    fair, hes been found innocent for god sake, get off the mans case, its the whole tabloid complex people have. bring some one up and cant wait to see them at their lowest.
    I agree with the verdict whole heartidly. I am genuinely interested as to whether people thought it was a fair trial.

It either was a fair trial, or it wasn't. And if it wasn't, then that's inevitable and impossible to prevent.

Motherless Child

ReputationRep:
    It was a fair trial.

At the start of the trial the jury was selected using a system to find people who had little/no idea of who Jackson was and for what I can understand the Jury was watched so foul play was avoided.

The main reason Jackson was found innocent was the poor case put forward by the DA which was easily countered by one of the best defence teams in America. His money was not used to bribe the jury but was used to have the best defence possible.

ReputationRep:
    i find that very unlikely, people who haven't heard of michael jackson

have they been dead for the last 40 years?

people might have lied just to get a once in a lifetime opportunity of being at his courtcase

ReputationRep:
    None are fair in the USA! If it was here it would be fair :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psychopath)
    The main reason Jackson was found innocent was the poor case put forward by the DA which was easily countered by one of the best defence teams in America. His money was not used to bribe the jury but was used to have the best defence possible.
    And credit where credit's due. Thomas Mesereau presented an excellent case. Which quite possibly saved Jacksons life. Any one know how much he charged?

Motherless Child

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patriotcow)
    I think there are flaws in all justice systems. Our's in one of the worst in my opinion.

Motherless Child

ReputationRep:
    i think its one of the better, at least we don't have the death sentence, thats something america needs to get rid of, if they find saddam guilty what are they going to do, make him feel guilty about all the things he did?

no, they're going to give him the easy way out

ReputationRep:
    i think its one of the better, at least we don't have the death sentence, thats something america needs to get rid of, if they find saddam guilty what are they going to do, make him feel guilty about all the things he did?

no, they're going to give him the easy way out
    The other perspective is giving the tax payers the cheapest option :p:

Motherless Child

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patriotcow)
    well im sure ppl in the uk have heard of michael jackson just as much as over in america

(Original post by Motherless Child)

Maybe Jackson didn't arrange an out of court settlement because he wanted to show the world he was innocent? Maybe he had had enough of people scamming him for his money, and wanted to settle it the fair way? It's a long shot because I think the opposition had a fairly strong case, but why shouldn't he put up a fight?

Motherless Child
    I think it's because the previous case was a civil case, whilst these were criminal charges. Correct me if I'm wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    I think it's because the previous case was a civil case, whilst these were criminal charges. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    I wouldn't know much about previous case(s). :p:

My post was meant to come across suggestive, not rhetorical

Motherless Child

ReputationRep:
    im so happy he is not guilty! jst dont think he cud hav done a thing like that. and the thing is the jury didnt really hav any solid evidence that he commited anything so there must have been doubt and generally if there is doubt in a case they cannot convict. so i guess it is fair ...

ReputationRep:
    The other perspective is giving the tax payers the cheapest option
    so, to save people money, somebody has got to die? yeah, that sounds like a great country

so, to save people money, somebody has got to die? yeah, that sounds like a great country
    Of course, the years of appeals that would happen beforehand, would probably make it more expensive anyway. :rolleyes:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.