Turn on thread page Beta

hopefully she won't think of me as a ****! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr J)
    Hey girls,

as discussed ad nauseum on this board, I decided to cut the games with the girl and txted her the following;

'No reply ...lol cute! When you've rediscovered your nerve and worked through your flakey phase then let me know. Have a good one. J. '

Decided to finish it there and start afresh, just hope she doesn't think of me as a ****

Ta everyone for there help - appreciated!

Mr J
    She'll be alright in the mornin a woman needs a couple of put downs so she dont get to cocky of herself :p: xoxo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonnyB)
    Hehe, that was funny.
    Where?
    All I can see is misty stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a failed attempt to be cutting and has probably made you look a complete fool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammy_girl)
    She'll be alright in the mornin a woman needs a couple of put downs so she dont get to y of herself :p: xoxo
    Oh my what would the feminists say :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jayjayjay)

lol the feminists will b alright too LOL!!! xoxo

ReputationRep:
    They'll be burning bras tonight!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicola1986)
    They'll be burning bras tonight!
    I wish, I need mine.

ReputationRep:
    If I got that text, any feelings I had would've evaporated. You say you don't wanna hurt her then you go send her that text!? You're contradictory indeed. A simple: sorry but I'm not gonna play anymore games with you - I'm moving on - that would've done the same job, just as blunt, just as harsh, as it were, but not as hurtful! - but just as honest! You can't have cared for her very much - or else she really did make you explode.

If I was the girl I would've just went: Pfffss you think you're all that. Your loss.

And if all women thought like men, I don't think it'd be as interesting part of the intrigue is that men and women are different and I reckon the different genders make up for what each other lacks. Although that isn't to say "women need men" or vice versa - but men and women tend to be complimentary I think.

Either way why are you posting this? You've done it now - no turning back. By starting this thread and the word "hopefully" in your title tells me that you have your doubts about this anyway and wants approval, as someone has said. Whatever the girl's done, that text is harsh and uncalled for and that's that, really. There're other ways of telling a girl to stop messing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feelthesunshine)
    No, not with primary gonads, Jordan.

Banter aside, Mr J, if you really want to click with this girl, it'd take a moment of movie magic like proportions.

I can do it. Can you?
    Jordan, just for you:

First comment - you mentioned tennis.
    Second &third - serious.

ReputationRep:
    Irising

Ultimately it depends on how you read the text. From my point of view it was inteding to knock hr down a peg or two, but to be read with a pinch of salt and not taken too seriously.

If however it is taken overtly seriously then that was not my intention - however, I cannot believe there are girls here who are happy to justify women playing games and messing with guys heads and then not prepared to deal with it if a guy turns around and stands up to them!

There is nothing abusive in the txt and not one thing that was not a reaction from the girls mind games. Quite frankly, if she compains about it (i dont think she will by the way), then it would only make her a hypocrit!

ReputationRep:
    Jordan, just for you:

First comment - you mentioned tennis.
    Second &third - serious.
    *Bow* I thank thee =0)

ReputationRep:
    *Bow* I thank thee =0)
    ...don't forget the 2 hour full-body massage, 3 course home-cooked meal and bedtime story* you've promised for that.

*not necessarily in that order.

ReputationRep:
    ...don't forget the 2 hour full-body massage, 3 course home-cooked meal and bedtime story* you've promised for that.

*not necessarily in that order.
    I'll do the bedtime story and as for the rest aren't there names for people who provide such a service... (hehe oh and don't say women...)

ReputationRep:
    They would say:

"every girl should try feminism at least once, like with their mates when dey is drunk n at a party... then get back wiv their boyfriends when dey is sober the next day. aight."

ReputationRep:
    They would say:

"every should try feminism at least once, like with their mates when dey is drunk n at a party... then get back wiv their boyfriends when dey is sober the next day. aight."
    Like its such a bad thing - to me it is about equality, not burning bras and hating all men. (Those things come in handy don't you know.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr J)
    Hey Miss Jelly, I know, I was umming and aghing about it - but she was playing games and to be honest, I don't want to hurt her feelings, but at the same point in time my time is no less valuable than hers!

Mr J
    well i thought the txt was fantastic and rahter witty in the situation. Good work!

ReputationRep:
    Riiiiight.. so the girl doesn't text you back, so she's instantly "flaky" and you take it upon yourself to "take her down a peg or two".. Get you! You're the dating police!

My advice to you is stop reading self help books about dating, and get over yourself pronto. She's probably thinking "Thank god he's got the message, I'm shot of him now!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr J)
    Hey girls,

as discussed ad nauseum on this board, I decided to cut the games with the girl and txted her the following;

'No reply ...lol cute! When you've rediscovered your nerve and worked through your flakey phase then let me know. Have a good one. J. '

Decided to finish it there and start afresh, just hope she doesn't think of me as a ****

Ta everyone for there help - appreciated!

Mr J
    If I got a text like that, I would def think you were a ****. think you worded that wrong there mate :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr J)
    Well she's known me for a while, I've bent over backwards being nice to her - making sure shes comfortable with everything etc. and is got to a point where I've probably been too nice.

I'm no doormat and to be honest, why should I run around after this woman and be at her beck and call whenever, when I'm far from ugly and there are other girls who won't **** me around as much!
    If your such good mates, didn't you consider TALKING to her about how you felt - maybe if she knew that you were feeling used then she would stop and maybe you could form a decent relationship....
    its quite funny though, because instead of that you've managed to make sure her, and all her mates think your a c*nt...and wont have a chance with any of them!

ReputationRep:
    I really can't believe the strong reaction this is creating in so many people!

Fact: I was the one being toyed with.
    Fact: I was the one who had previoulsy been as accomodating as possible.
    Fact: Nothing in the text is abusive and is meant in humour
    Fact: She did flake on me
    Fact: I hold no grudge against her and all I have done is bust on her a little
    Fact: I won't be a c*nt to her as one poster seems to think I will be in future either

All I've actually done here is stand up for myself and valued my own time as much as hers! Also, I find it interesting to note that whilst most women want a 'nice guy', what they actually say they want and what they're attracted to are seperate things entirely. Talk about equal rights only when it suits a woman!

Mr J

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 14, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.