Turn on thread page Beta

hopefully she won't think of me as a ****! watch

ReputationRep:
    fair enough, but that text from a girls point of view sounds a bit nasty

ReputationRep:
    hey shelbycakes, I honestly think that if it did - well then she deserved it to a large extent. But also, its not meant to be and she knows what i'm like (well a bit anyway) and wouldn't be overly put out.

Either way, it has the added effect of making me look not as much as a pushover as perhaps I had earlier appeared. Besides, be honest which is the least attractive ...the guy who may upset you once in a while but pushes your emotional buttons or the all the nice guy whos like your brother?

ReputationRep:
    If you take a half-hearted decision to send a message out of character to this girl then feel the need to explain yourself and gain approval for your actions, then you quite clearly demonstrate that you cannot

think things through before doing them.

Look before you leap - anyone? My reading of this situation is that reassurance from other TSRers is what you're after. It will not change a thing with this girl. A subnote about true relationships: at the point where you click, other people opinions cease to matter. They may influence you a little, but all that is really important is what the two of you believe.

Take the RW attitude if you must:
    ... I didn't like your taste anyway.
    I chose you and that's all gone to waste.
    It's Saturday - I'll go out and find another you.

ReputationRep:
    ...Most people need reassurance in some form or another. If you think you are truly right about something, you will go for it anyway, all the best =0)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jayjayjay)
    ...Most people need reassurance in some form or another. If you think you are truly right about something, you will go for it anyway, all the best =0)
    "Most people" live in their comfort zone.

Get and stay out of your comfort zone.

I believe that not much happens of any significance when we're in our comfort zone. There'll be a reply soon along the lines of "but I'm concerned about security." My response to that is simple: Security is for cadavers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feelthesunshine)
    "Most people" live in their comfort zone.

Get and stay out of your comfort zone.

I believe that not much happens of any significance when we're in our comfort zone. There'll be a reply soon along the lines of "but I'm concerned about security." My response to that is simple: Security is for cadavers.
    Im not saying I personally need reassurance (well not constantly anyway - it does not hurt exactly but you need to do things/decide for yourself), if I want something (really) I will go and get it and work for it or do what I feel is best in the current situation. I do not need someone to tell me it is right or wrong. That was not from a personal view.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr J)
    Hey girls,

as discussed ad nauseum on this board, I decided to cut the games with the girl and txted her the following;

'No reply ...lol cute! When you've rediscovered your nerve and worked through your flakey phase then let me know. Have a good one. J. '

Decided to finish it there and start afresh, just hope she doesn't think of me as a ****

Ta everyone for there help - appreciated!

Mr J
    wow! go u!!! that took guts!

ReputationRep:
    what does it matter? you told her she's flakey- yeah she thinks your "a ****." Stick up for yourself sure, but don't cuss her personal traits. I wouldn't take that as humour... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *starry_eyed_*)
    wow! go u!!! that took guts!
    No, it took pressing a few buttons with no chance of confrontation.

ReputationRep:
    No, it took pressing a few buttons with no chance of confrontation.
    lol but confrontation could still take place .....such as he may meet her in the street etc.....hey whatever happens, happens :p: dont get worked up over one chick....thers another couple of us left yanno LOL!!! :p: xoxo

ReputationRep:
    Tammy! Any craic?

ReputationRep:
    Mr J you fool :eek: ofcourse you need to create 'distance' to keep her on her toes but now you have -1 poonani you will eat in your life.

ReputationRep:
    Tammy! Any craic?
    lol nah not much what bout urself? :p: haha! xoxo

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 14, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.