Is an instrument a turn on? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Silhouette
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Adarah)
If you can sing and play the <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=31&k=guitar" onmouseover="window.status='guit ar'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">guitar</a> then, yeah, to me that makes a guy sexier at least - well, got to play the right songs, I suppose :P lol
Back of the net.
Mr @
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
when i was in a band, this certain place we played at used to give band members free drinks...that made us all popular :p:
SsEe
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well brass players are obviously the best as playing is all in the lips and tongue
Ron Stoppable
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Lips have to be supple and the jaw muscles must have stamina.
queenselphie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The saxaphone is sooo sexy. But all instruments look pretty appealing, as it shows skill and talent which are attractive.
lady
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
playing the guitar is sexy!xxx
spin
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Jenna999)
mmmm guitar playing men... sexy
Yeh but only when they can -actually- play, as opposed to just strumming along hopefully.

I agree with an earlier post that the attraction for me is that it means we have something else in common. It's something else to talk about and to do together. Plus if someone can play an instrument then they usually have a more analytical ear and you can talk about music in general. Also, someone who has put the time and effort into getting good at an instrument can put the time and effort into getting good in other areas!

On the whole "stronger lips --> better kissers". Nah. Basically. I've heard this before (I play sax and clarinet so I wondered if it really was true) but my experience is it makes no difference. In fact I think my all time favourite kisser didn't play any instruments at all :rolleyes: and there was no correlation amongst the others!
milady
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by James T)
A question for the ladies if someone plays eg the guitar would it make them more attractable? And what instrument do you think is the sexiest? :p:
definitely.

but they have to actually play, not fake it.

Guitar is the best. Drums have, i dunno, sort of smelly, hairy connotations. And vocalists come across as w**kers. So I think guitar.
xx_ambellina_xx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hmmm...violinses
Constantine
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I played guitar in front of 1000 people, we finish the set, come off stage - nothing! Then again i am a smelly, sweaty, hairy teengager.
Da Bachtopus
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
http://www.thefrenchhorn.net/jokes.html

A girl went out on a date with a trumpet player, and when she came back her roommate asked, "Well, how was it? Did his embouchure make him a great kisser?"

"Nah," the first girl replied. "That dry, tight, tiny little pucker; it was no fun at all."

The next night she went out with a tuba player, and when she came back her roommate asked, "Well, how was his kissing?"

"Ugh!" the first girl exclaimed. "Those huge, rubbery, blubbery, slobbering slabs of meat; oh, it was just gross!"

The next night she went out with a French horn player, and when she came back her roommate asked, "Well, how was his kissing?"

"Well," the first girl replied, "his kissing was just so-so; but I loved the way he held me!"
I think it's imperative that a woman handle an instrument with skill.
Planxty
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I play drums, guitar and piano and I get plenty of ladies
Kit_Kat
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Um.. not sure I find any instrument a particular 'turn on' but I'm a sucker for guys who can sing!
Kit_Kat
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I did not mean that in the way you might think I meant that... -.-
Shelbycakes
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i have a thing for drummers, very skilled with thier hands
Kit_Kat
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
My brother's a drummer. I doubt you'd have a thing for him :P
username21537
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
apparently the seixiest member of a band is the bassist.

Which gives me hope
thecatinthehat
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by queenselphie)
The saxaphone is sooo sexy. But all instruments look pretty appealing, as it shows skill and talent which are attractive.

If I saw a handsome man playing a jazz solo on the sax i would just DIE!
ChemistBoy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I play the trombone.

People laugh at me.

Well, actually, no. Showing talent generally makes you more attractive to women. There has been many a time I have come off stage after blasting out a quality jazz solo and have been accosted by buxom wenches.
fabulous_darling
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'd love to go out with a deep, intellectual violinist type.

I'm not really into the whole band thing, but if he played a classical instrument very well, then I'd love it! Although, if he was a flautist I'd hit him over the head with it. I really don't like flutes.. *shivvers*.

I wouldn't exactly base the whole relationship on an instrument, though.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (24)
48.98%
No - but I will (1)
2.04%
No - I don't want to (1)
2.04%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (23)
46.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise