Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but cos I'm a musician myself. And I quite like people who can get passionate over something they're interested in (except soccer, which sends me to sleep), so if they're into music in a big way, that's cool.

Any instrument...not fussy!

ReputationRep:
    *reiterates*

Brass players ladies, the way forward!!

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend's a brass player, that's how I met him, we played in the same band.

ReputationRep:
    my boyf plays classical guitar. mmm so sexy! It always turns me on when he plays. in fact it was while he was playing the guitar for me that i first realised how much i liked him!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, definitely. Not a guy who plays the guitar because he thinks it makes him look cool. It doesn't. But classical musicians.......now that's a turn on! Just think what brass players can do with their lips, and what pianists can do with their hands....mmmmm!

Plus it shows they have an artistic, therefore probably also a sensitive side.

ReputationRep:
    Spot on.

Now imagine a (slightly too) confident violinist & pianist into one.

Hands.

Add to the mix a well-controlled PC muscle and multi-orgasmic becomes a two-way concept. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I prefer them sweet and shy, and not too sure of themselves, actually.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, I've always had a bit of a thing for female musicians or singers. I tend to like people who express themselves in interesting ways, and almost every female musician I know is a lovely person (sweeping generalisation, yes, but just something I've noticed). It intrigues me when a girl has a way of communicating that's slightly different, either in the way they speak/write or a musical or artistic talent. Seems to show some depth to their emotions

Plus I used to date a saxophonist who could do things with her lips I could barely imagine. Double tonguing a sax (without annoying cuts) is not the easiest of things - very useful for jazz though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susiemakemeblue)
    Yes, definitely. Not a guy who plays the guitar because he thinks it makes him look cool. It doesn't. But classical musicians.......now that's a turn on! Just think what brass players can do with their lips, and what pianists can do with their hands....mmmmm!

Plus it shows they have an artistic, therefore probably also a sensitive side.
    Oh yes...The artistic-ness of a pianist is so cool! The sensitivity thing is totally true! But then...I'm fond of the guitarists' overall appearance. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sopheh)
    But honestly, if you look at all the great bands, the lead guitarist is generally the best looking guy in the band. Ie. Blink 182 - Tom Delonge, Greenday (Billie Armstrong), Coldplay (Chris Martin...don't ask,) Rolling Stones (Mick Jagger - my mother thinks,) and can't be bothered to think of any more examples but it's true of most bands.
    Do you mean lead singers? Blink 182 and Greenday are 3 piece american punk outfits so they don't have a 'lead' guitarist both guys you mentioned are their front men. Chris Martin and Mick Jagger are not the lead guitarist of their respective bands either.

These ladies are the best:

www.bonesapart.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drogue)
    Plus I used to date a saxophonist who could do things with her lips I could barely imagine. Double tonguing a sax (without annoying cuts) is not the easiest of things - very useful for jazz though...
    Wind players are better. Expecially if they are particularly good and can double tongue and circular breathe at the same time :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Bah! Sax players are jsut big show-offs, and it's really easy to tell when the run out of ideas in improv - the fingers start waggling faster and faster.

ReputationRep:
    nethin electric is sexy

ReputationRep:
    ill ask again, How sexy is a banjo? i mena you dont see many people lusting after rednecks. Can a banjo be interesting...or just a joke?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say it is a turn on, no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susiemakemeblue)
    I prefer them sweet and shy, and not too sure of themselves, actually.
    I know you do, Susie.

Pretty much all your resisitance to the ideas I've brought up have supported that. It's not a conflict, it's just preference. Variety's cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*PinkTeaCozy*~)
    Oh yes...The artistic-ness of a pianist is so cool! The sensitivity thing is totally true! But then...I'm fond of the guitarists' overall appearance. :p:
    So a Jamie Cullum -groomed pianist type then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feelthesunshine)
    So a Jamie Cullum -groomed pianist type then.
    But Jamie Cullum looks like a troll

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessicarabbit)
    But Jamie Cullum looks like a troll
    Some drunk guy at the place I used to work said I looked like Jamie Cullum.

And I always thought I held more resemblence to the pixie/leprecaun family than the troll .

ReputationRep:
    If you're one of many King's law students, then it's not instruments that turn you on about a person. It's salsa, baby

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 5, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.