Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    As i guy i would say no though im wondering what u lot think

ReputationRep:
    For me it wont tbh...., but i'd like to be friends though! lol

ReputationRep:
    How does she play it?

ReputationRep:
    This belongs in the "is an instrument a turn on" thread.

Any moderators fancy a merger?

ReputationRep:
    Make who more attractive?

ReputationRep:
    NO

Noone will get turned on by an instrument. However it may say something about their personality. Personally i'd like to get to know a girl who plays guitar because she probably likes the same genres and bands I do

ReputationRep:
    for me
    yeeeeh
    specially if she songs too

ReputationRep:
    My ex-Boyfriend used to find it sexy

ReputationRep:
    i would find a girl that plays it a turnoff, bet shes gonna start belt out a really deep voice then stand up to scratch her balls :eek:

ReputationRep:
    not really

ReputationRep:
    I always make comments about brass players having strong lips and good breath control. That and the good old trumpet jokes...

ReputationRep:
    If she played it well and didn't revert to this popular culture cr*p then yes.

MB

ReputationRep:
    well i teach guitar part time, and for me its certainly a nice characteristic to find in a girl. Doesn't mean I'll find someone more attractive physically if thats what you mean

ReputationRep:
    girls playing guitar is really ****ing rare as ****, to **** - especially if theyre like technically leet

ReputationRep:
    Hmm....mine would have to be a harpsichord or a lute. very shexay....lol

ReputationRep:
    I don't think the bass is getting enough of a look in here!!! I'm a bassist and I have to say it has got me a few girls.

If you think about it, it's the perfect blend of rhythm and melody. You are part of the rhythm section, working with the drummer while keeping the harmony. Also there can be fairly melodic basslines. The lynchpin of a band, which is one of the many reasons that the white stripes are rubbish.

Also, think about it,
    -longest necked instrument protruding at waist height?
    -amazing finger speed endurance and dexterity?
    -Bassy notes that you can feel rumbling throughout your body?

(and personally)

-A tongue of near Gene Simmons proportions (Bassist from Kiss if you didn't know)

ReputationRep:
    If she plays guitar, and she's got a face like a horse - Sure I'll shake her hand but that's about it...

ReputationRep:
    What difference does it make? :cool: A lovely person is still a lovely person if they play a guitar. Just as a nasty person is still a nasty person if they play a guitar.

ReputationRep:
    LOL no... I dont care much for musical instruments.

ReputationRep:
    I love guys who can play guitar, coz it seems more likely they'll be into the same types of bands as me...and I just think they're hot =P It wouldn't be a reason for dating or not dating someone though.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 5, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.