Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeCool_Lemming)
    I love guys who can play guitar, coz it seems more likely they'll be into the same types of bands as me...and I just think they're hot =P It wouldn't be a reason for dating or not dating someone though.
    I play guitar, and I'm willing to bet our taste in music isn't that similar.

Motherless Child

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motherless Child)
    I play guitar, and I'm willing to bet our taste in music isn't that similar.

Motherless Child
    Lol, you'd be suprised though, my taste in music is varied - from Elvis and Erci Clapton to LostProphets and punk rock. Maybe I should rephrase though - it's more likely that we'd share a taste in music than with another guy, as most of the guys in my area are into HipHop and R'n'B, which I can cope with in small doses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeCool_Lemming)
    Eric Clapton
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ok, I was wrong - He is my GOD!!!! (Hense my name being the same as one of his songs :p: )

Motherless Child

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, I thought that's what it was a reference to. One of my guy mates is obsessed, and got me into the music as well, although I'm not exactly an expert.
    But like I mean, I liek guitar players and my guy mate is one, and whilst he's a great mate I wouldn't date him. So it still depends on the person although you can find a common ground through music.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saturn)
    As i guy i would say no though im wondering what u lot think
    No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saturn)
    As i guy i would say no though im wondering what u lot think
    It might make her more interesting.

ReputationRep:
    Bass, lead or rhythm?

ReputationRep:
    Well I can't imagine why it would...my boyfriend didn't know I played bass until a couple of weeks into the relationship. Same goes for men also. My ex played guitar and the way he played it was just so.....cheesey. Blurgh.

ReputationRep:
    I think it would be pretty cool but I see the guitar as a female instrument... the instrument itself that is... so it looks better when a man is playing it and does nothing special for the sex appeal of a girl.

ReputationRep:
    I think it does. If I had a girlfriend who played guitar/bass as well then we'd be able to make two piece things which would be kinda cool.

ReputationRep:
    Yes deffinately rock n fkn roll!!1 :thrasher: :broken: :thrasher:

ReputationRep:
    I saw The Faders at my university ball last week, and their two guitarists certainly favour the original point: - (the guitarists are the two outer girls)

http://www.thefaders.co.uk/photos/large/02.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Oh man the girls in The Faders are really HOTT !!

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm I suppose the strumming technique might give her good wrist strength, as would the fretting I suppose. So if we go from that point of view then yes.

But, if she looks like a dog then she could whistle for it for all I care

ReputationRep:
    I repeat. It's all about the violins.

ReputationRep:
    For me i think it's more the 'being in a band' aspect of instruments thats a turn on, though i would agree that the talent of many classical musicians does add to their attractiveness.

So, yeah, i like some drummers, some guitarists, some bassists and some singers - although to be honest the singers can come across as a bit too arrogant.

ReputationRep:
    the 'being in a band' thing is definately a good thing - but also guitar is a pretty cool instrument to play, so definately if you played guitar.........depends how good you were!

ReputationRep:
    MMmmmm definately! For me it is guys who play stringed instruments. Speshially the double bass-lovin' it. Real nice deep sound. yup, talented musicians are a turn on.

ReputationRep:
    If a guy could play a nice piece on a violin... wow... :blushing: I'd be sold!

ReputationRep:
    piano for me :rolleyes: (call me old-fashioned !!) :p:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 5, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.