Turn on thread page Beta

Silly question! But no-one seems to know the answer watch

ReputationRep:
    OK, my first choice for uni is Liverpool at 320 points. My insurance is Northumbria at BBC. I didn't want to go to Liverpool, it was just a gap filler on the form, but I only received two offers grr. So I just put them down. I've realised that I really want to stay at home. Now, I am predicted BBC. And, although I may get a little higher, I don't think I could get 320 points.

So, after this ramble, if I amazingly did get 320 points after all my nights of revision, can I still go to my insurance choice uni? One teacher told me that I am legally bound to go to Liverpool if I got the grades!!!! That is not an option for me for personal reasons etc and I want to stay in Newcastle. An answer would be muchos appreciated!

Sarah

ReputationRep:
    If you get the grades/points you need for your Firm choice..you have to go there

ReputationRep:
    i don't think thats true - I think you can ask to be released from your first choice. Not sure exactly how it works though - I'm sure theres another thread on this somewhere...

ReputationRep:
    Oh..I never knew that..I was told differently....

Apologies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexysax)
    Oh..I never knew that..I was told differently....

Apologies

well, it sort of makes sense - they don't want someone who's going to be miserable and might drop out. That would be a waste of both your time and theirs.

Theres something about it in here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t91038.html

ReputationRep:
    you arent legally bound to go to either uni's youve put down! but i recommend emailing the one you want to go to and telling them the situation. they want lots of students to want to go their uni so they'l probably be happy to help

ReputationRep:
    Call the uni if they are willing to release you. I chose a firm offer before and in a few months time, I decided not to go. Therefore, I rang them up and telling them the situation that I don't think I could meet the requirements and stuff like that, and then I was released. This signifies that you won't have an insurance choice. You will only have a firm choice which is used to be your insurance. You will need to call UCAS too after calling the uni.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to go off topic PQ, I know UCAS track will be disabled a few days before results day. When will they start disabling UCAS track, august 16th?

ReputationRep:
    {tries to work it out in head}

Does that mean it will still be updating on August 9th? (Scottish results day)

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 15, 2005
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.