Turn on thread page Beta

AQA English Lit B - Unit 6 Pre Release case study watch

ReputationRep:
    Just thought I would start this thread for people to discuss the Unit 6 English Lit B Pre Release material issued tomorrow...

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't there already a thread like this? And is anyone else kind of annoyed that they give it out tomorrow, the day before the unit 5 exam, so totally distracting us from that?

ReputationRep:
    I agree!

Our teacher won't let us have it until after Unit 5!!

ReputationRep:
    I feel exactly the same. Although we are getting it a week before the actual exam, it is unreasonable to think that a week's worth of work on it can be completed. Other exams this week will take priority.

Tomorrow I think I will give it a quick read and then continue for preparing for Wednesday's Unit 5.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm going to concentrate on Wednesday and then have a brief look at it on Wednesday afternoon/evening. I have an exam on Friday and then after that I'll try to do as much as possible on Unit 6

ReputationRep:
    I can imagine that it'll get pushed down to the bottom to be looked at at the weekend! Just as long as it isn't 'Amy's View', the awful play from the Jan exam (only got a high E, v disappointing) then it'll be alright I hope!

ReputationRep:
    I reckon a weekend's worth of work on it will be fine. This year I think that they have extended the period that we have the material. Last year, it was issued on the Friday and the exam was on the Monday.

Therefore, unless they have put in more material, a weekend's worth of work on it should be sufficient as that is all they had last year!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah my teacher was surprised when she found out we got it a week in advance! But she's not complaining! Unless as you say there is loads more stuff in it...or it's difficult!

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm. Thinking about it, I don't think I have done enough practice of this paper. I really am not looking forward to it at all.

I just hope that the material is on something that is fairly approachable and not really complicated!

ReputationRep:
    the other one is lang and lit

ReputationRep:
    I'm not looking forward to either exam...I don't feel prepared. The other past pre release material we've looked at I thought was difficult. argh.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I looked at some past exam questions and they were just strange. Im a little worried. Tomorrow will be fine though. Im not bothering to go and get the pre-release until tomorrow. Why make two trips?

Arrgghh just went to get my pre release material and it is scaring me...Anyone else got theirs yet?

ReputationRep:
    i got mine...
    hmmmm...methinks i should have read dickens when i was younger! dammit..
    i just went thru it quickly..I need to concentrate on tomorrows paper and probs history too!

I was reading it thinking.. "o lordy.. i dont kno what u cud write bout.." deary dear!

(Original post by Annik)
    i got mine...
    hmmmm...methinks i should have read dickens when i was younger! dammit..
    i just went thru it quickly..I need to concentrate on tomorrows paper and probs history too!

I was reading it thinking.. "o lordy.. i dont kno what u cud write bout.." deary dear!
    I was thinking that as well...

Been trying to work out what theme the question might focus on judging by the extract and the critical extracts. It will be interesting to see what the text we get in the exam is.

But for now my focus is on tomorrows exam... :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparklyteacosie)
    I was thinking that as well...

Been trying to work out what theme the question might focus on judging by the extract and the critical extracts. It will be interesting to see what the text we get in the exam is.

But for now my focus is on tomorrows exam... :p:
    it mite be sommot to do with the woman!.. mayb relations between men n women?
    or education? but i thought that mite b too obvious

(Original post by Annik)
    it mite be sommot to do with the woman!.. mayb relations between men n women?
    or education? but i thought that mite b too obvious
    Well once I have other exams out of the way and I've looked over the material I shall report back.

Kind of worried about this exam despite having done every single past paper...

ReputationRep:
    this is for spec B

ReputationRep:
    oh dear i haven't got it yet but you lot are starting to worry me already lol....dickens *shudders*

anyone got any mum's or dad's that are english teacher's here? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparklyteacosie)
    Well once I have other exams out of the way and I've looked over the material I shall report back.

Kind of worried about this exam despite having done every single past paper...
    lol yeh i know. Once you go over a past paper you think, god that was so staright forward lol :rolleyes:

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 30, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.