Turn on thread page Beta

AQA English Lit B - Unit 6 Pre Release case study watch

ReputationRep:
    I was surprised there was no poetry, but the questions were predictable... Seemed like the best synoptic paper I've attempted. Hope everyones results go well!

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations everybody on completing the exam, hope everyones was okay! I too on quest 2 bullet point 2 wrote 2 pages of absolute crap for it ah well nevermind - lets wait till result day wish i would have found this site earlier lol

Funny story actually, I was sat in the exam when my English Lit teacher came up to me before it started and he goes "the person who wrote bad blood was my teacher at university" Turns out he was taught by Lorna Sage lol - Freaky ****! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 98cesc)
    Only problems were that in question 1 I left a gap in a line cos I couldn't think of the word to use but unfortunately I forgot to come back and fill in the gap. So that just line just looks messed up, which is unfortunately since I had a really good point. But if the markers are patient they should be able to get some sense out of it. Also by the end of question 2, my hand writing became ridiculously messy cos' I was rushing so much. My last paragraph was barely readable. But hopefully the person who marks it will be really patient and I won't lose any marks for it.
    I'm sure it'll be okay. My mum is an examiner and she has to read every script very carefully, and never gives up on a paper unless it's totally illegible.
    Lol -I was rushing by the end too, and got really annoyed with the invigilator - she took 5 whole minutes (I counted :p: ) to get me a new sheet of paper, not having expected anyone to fill the booklet apparently, but I managed to get a conclusion in anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, this was probably my worst paper, I was pretty sure I was prepared for it but I was really nervous in the exam, which doesnt usually happen to me. Not only was my handwriting terrible, and I had to cross out whole sentences but I managed to write a stemaing pile for the second bullet point on question two. I was using "The Call Of The Wild" as one of my familiar texts, the point I was making was that Curly's death upset me as a child but as an adult reader I understand that its all about Darwinism or whatever (I didn't use those words of course). Then went into the question, is this an advantage? On one hand I had gained appreciation of the text, on the other hand I had been desensitised to something that had such a profound effect on me as a child. I was quite proud of this point but after that I just couldn't get anything else, and I managed to forget Curly's name just referring to him as a dog. Hopefully my other module results will be enough to make up for this disaster, although it is worth something like 20% isnt it?

ReputationRep:
    For some hilarious reason, I managed to mention a Greek author, Nikos Kazantzakis, and how historical/cultural knowledge is needed to fully understand the message of the books. I hope they don't discriminate against non-English Literature...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EverlastingGaze)
    Funny story actually, I was sat in the exam when my English Lit teacher came up to me before it started and he goes "the person who wrote bad blood was my teacher at university" Turns out he was taught by Lorna Sage lol - Freaky ****! :p:
    My teacher said the same thing to me afterwards! Maybe there's a whole generation of Eng Lit teachers taught by Lorna Sage...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gringalet)
    For some hilarious reason, I managed to mention a Greek author, Nikos Kazantzakis, and how historical/cultural knowledge is needed to fully understand the message of the books. I hope they don't discriminate against non-English Literature...
    Lol I think I said something about T.S. Eliot's The Wasteland and modernism and how he strived to escape context by merging aspects of different contexts together making it impossible to determine any one context; allowing for new levels of creativity and expression and since literature is an artform, originality is surely a good thing. However, morality plays of the 16th century, Edward II etc used historical context as a means of exposing the sins of the past in order to establish a moral framework; the only character to deviate from historical context is Lightbourne showing how historical context was of greater significance than literary context thus for morality plays context cannot be eluded.

I only managed to write 2 sides for the last bullet point and i was rushing due to time; but i managed to cram all of the above in; i hope it makes sense really!

ReputationRep:
    I got 120/120; sorry to boast but hurray!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juxtapiped)
    I got 120/120; sorry to boast but hurray!
    me too.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 30, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.