Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ours is soon, but have lost the letter... Am really looking forward to it, we sneaked in there at lunchtime and it looks really good so far. I think its a shame though that they split up your work if like half of it is getting moderated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noofruit)
    Ours is soon, but have lost the letter... Am really looking forward to it, we sneaked in there at lunchtime and it looks really good so far. I think its a shame though that they split up your work if like half of it is getting moderated!
    we have all our work togeth apart from our final exam peice that goes on a seperate board

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~cherrykisses~)
    As i said, mine is on monday...i went in to school today to finish off some coursework, and guess what??......my art teacher has only gone and 'misplaced' half of my art work which has to be displayed!! And to make it worse, i have to come in over the next few days and do each peice all over again!!argh! :mad:
    How? If my teacher 'misplaced' my work I'd have to screw his head off. The work is irreplacable.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm the guys who stuck my work up on the wall selected 'good but not best' works of mine so im not sure if the examiners are going to be biased on that. and they're likely to judge my folder by 'bunkness' rather then quality to see if im being a lazy **** or not.. most of my work is a sketchbook and i swear to god i will kill an examiner if he drops it to B because somebody else stuck the crappy work up there out of laziness.

ReputationRep:
    i had mine abt 3 weeks ago. it was awesome. my work was plastered in a gud position and a lot of oohing n aaahing (by my rents mostly lol :P) i got pics too

ReputationRep:
    applied for the art scholarship. waiting for a reply lol. not gna get it

ReputationRep:
    Expand on art scholarship, am intrigued.

ReputationRep:
    lol well ummm i was told to apply by my art teacher. so i did but there are 4 others applying n we're all meant to have found out by now but we haven't. so that sucks i'd like to get it...even a joint scholarship...as long as it says 'scholarship' haha.

hmmm wat else...? my art exam went shoddy if u ask me lol but o well. jst twiddlin my thumbs waiting now. btw only 2 ppl can get the scholarship..eek!

ReputationRep:
    As i said, mine is on monday...i went in to school today to finish off some coursework, and guess what??......my art teacher has only gone and 'misplaced' half of my art work which has to be displayed!! And to make it worse, i have to come in over the next few days and do each peice all over again!!argh! :mad:
    That's appalling! I can't believe you're being made to do it again. Surely it's the teacher's fault and therefore they should work out something on the basis of her previous assessments/predicted grade?

(Original post by thebadboy2k1)
    applied for the art scholarship. waiting for a reply lol. not gna get it
    I regret not having atleast tried for that.

(Original post by soulsussed)
    Expand on art scholarship, am intrigued.
    Not sure if it's the same for badboy, but at the college I'm going to, you can apply for a scholarship in certain subject areas which means you get given lots of money. After an interview process they select someone to recieve the scholarship. A friend of mine got the science scholarship from the college, which means she gets £800 (which basically can be spent on anything). Rather nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    That's appalling! I can't believe you're being made to do it again. Surely it's the teacher's fault and therefore they should work out something on the basis of her previous assessments/predicted grade?

I regret not having atleast tried for that.

Not sure if it's the same for badboy, but at the college I'm going to, you can apply for a scholarship in certain subject areas which means you get given lots of money. After an interview process they select someone to recieve the scholarship. A friend of mine got the science scholarship from the college, which means she gets £800 (which basically can be spent on anything). Rather nice.
    OMG!! Where does that come from? I would apply for a schloarship, never heard of it before. What's it supposed to be spent on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soulsussed)
    OMG!! Where does that come from? I would apply for a schloarship, never heard of it before. What's it supposed to be spent on?
    Well, it's a system set up as I say at the college I'm headed to. It's not a government implimentation so it's probably not done at many places.

As for applying, I think you have to do it early on when you apply for your course (eg. now would be too late for me as they've already held all the interviews etc).

As for the money, I suppose in principle your probably meant to do it to help you buy text books or materials to help with the subject, but basically you can use it for anything I think. One of my sister's friends spent her Languages scholarship on buying herself a new desktop computer!

ReputationRep:
    hey..i applied to the 6th form of my current skl...which is a grammar (private) skl so i have to pay fees. the scholarship allows for a reduction in the fees, albeit not a lot. i.e. i think it's abt 15% altho i not sure. 'tis very little tho.

however u also gotta do extra work n stuff. i wish we got money instead. tht wud b rly kl. and ye we had to have interviews n watnot. my interview went well which is a gud thing...but that was like 8 weeks ago so everything i sed they wdn't remember now anyway grrr

ReputationRep:
    anyone been moderated for art yet?

ReputationRep:
    Hello fellow GSCE art students! whos got their art exhibition soon? argh ive got mine next monday.....dont want it.....dont want all my rubbish art work on display to students, parents and examiners! :mad:

mine was last week , was very dull! had all my early entry a/s photography work up.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.