bill-e
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
What do you think?
Have your say.

provide information on why you think its the best
hunty91
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 12 years ago
High Holborn.

Because it's nearest and the most central. Believe me, a lot of people will kill for HH accom come the summer. I just hope I'll get it (again).
made_of_fail
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by hunty91)
High Holborn.

Because it's nearest and the most central. Believe me, a lot of people will kill for HH accom come the summer. I just hope I'll get it (again).
and it's only £155 pw :woo:
Kellybaby
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
Bankside

Because I'm biased :-D
username89060
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
I would say Bankside. Pretty cheap, catered if you want, nice and central, modern building and furnishings.

It depends on what you're looking for, really.
adam531
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
how does the hall allocation at LSE work? Im going to LSE starting in 2010, and i wanted to know if there is some sort of random draw or whether you can choose which one to go to.
bobby_Zz
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
if i was choosing dorms again (and i may be later this year) i would definitely pick one that's smaller and more personal than bankside. carr saunders seems to be so, as does rosewood (sp? w/e it's called). yet i would unconditionally agree that Holborn is #1, just because it's so damn close - literally 5 minutes walk to LSE, 5 minutes to covent garden, 10 minutes to leicester square etc.

bankside has its pros, bankside has its cons. for me the cons vastly outweigh the pros but judging by most people who post on here the opposite is the case...i guess it comes down to the individual.

also, to whoever said bankside is central, it isn't. it's close enough to walk to LSE (which I do, daily), but it is most certainly not central. it's a 20-25 minute walk to LSE. you do not want to this more than once a day. also, the surrounding neighborhood for bankside is a dead zone - it's like one big mall. that's bankside, it feels like living in a shopping mall (only the stores are rarely open, i.e. pret opens irregularly, M&S closes at like 8PM so good luck getting food from there late night). once you get over to near london bridge it perks up, but even then the eating/shopping opportunities aren't targeted at students - much more aimed at married 30-somethings than rootless adolescents. finally just what is there in southbank/wark, other than ministry of sound and a few other cheesy and way overpriced clubs? i've much better ways to blow 40 quid than getting into seOne.

it's a known fact that i dislike bankside; i don't hate it anymore, but the neverending choruses of approbation irritate me enough to write out something like this every time i see them
Sports Racer
Badges: 14
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by adam531)
how does the hall allocation at LSE work? Im going to LSE starting in 2010, and i wanted to know if there is some sort of random draw or whether you can choose which one to go to.
You select 3 LSE halls and 3 intercollegiate in order of preference March/April time.

Then in my experience they don't get back to you until 5 days before term starts (with your 6th choice too) :yy:
Platonism
Report 12 years ago
I absolutely loved Lillian Knowles. yes its quite far away from the school but the condition is superb.
O.o mY SaRcAsM
Report 12 years ago
Northumberland house has the best location in my opinion, as long as you dont mind sharing, but that itself creates more bonding on your floor so even if you have a ****** roomate theres plenty of pple to chill with
Frontier
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
High Holborn or Bankside
Joy Division
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
High Holborn def, it's so close to LSE, you don't realise how beneficial it is to live so close to classes until you get there it saves so much time and it's so much more convenient.
acore
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Kellybaby)
Bankside

Because I'm biased :-D
Speaks the truth
kristy888
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
Passfield Hall (well no one mentions it i have no idea why)
but seriously go on the LSE website look at the pics and you will see the rooms are quite sizeable i'm talking about the twin and triple rooms
seriously big
and as a first year u need to share and wen i was applying i was really uncomfortable with that, you know having to share my private space but guess what it is actually really good, for some reason they can find you a really good roommate with whom you have a lot of common with (many of my friends have the perfect roommate that matches their personality probs by luck though)

but if you want true friends Passfield is the way forward, because you make a really tight and close group of friends (Passfield is known for its friendlinest) and it is in a safe and quiet area only 15 mins walk away from LSE, close to the British Museum, close to Natwest, Sainburys, and a place called Brunswick is 5-8min walk away with loads of restaurants, shopping area etc. so it is very convenient, it is 4 min walk away from Euston station and tons of bus stops everywhere.

most importantly its CHEAP and you get dinner every night apart from Sat also there are kitchens as well so you can cook if you get tired of the food but yu wont cos our chef is amazing and the desserts are just like those from restaurants (sometimes)

we have many events in our hall cos this year's committee have worked really hard and we have had things like Paintballing that happened just last week and we have Foosball tournaments, theatre trips, big events, movie nights etc.

we have really good study space and we have computers here and the people are incredibly friendly
as i said i have had a huge group of really close friends from here.

there are undergrads and postgrads and they get along alright

well basically ask me any Q
i hope to answer it well
harryj0
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
i just applied for accommodation for my first year.

1) Bankside (even tho i wanted 31 week i thought it was worth it)
2) Roseberry
3) Carr-Saunders

Id be happy to get any of them (but mainly Bankside lol)
Krebs
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by hunty91)
High Holborn.

I would kill for HH accommodation. :ninja:

Hopefully I don't get Northumberland because its mainly postgrad now.. But I had applied before I knew this with:

"Distance to school" and "self catered" as two of my preferences.
Swayum
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Krebs)
I would kill for HH accommodation. :ninja:

Hopefully I don't get Northumberland because its mainly postgrad now.. But I had applied before I knew this with:

"Distance to school" and "self catered" as two of my preferences.
Write to the accommodation office telling them to change your choices. Do it ASAP before they make a decision. Honestly, NH will destroy your experience.
Krebs
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Swayum)
Write to the accommodation office telling them to change your choices. Do it ASAP before they make a decision. Honestly, NH will destroy your experience.
Already did it. But wow, I didn't know it was that bad:eek: .

Hopefully now I should get an offer for HH because its the only hall which is "close to LSE" and "self catered" from my options.
SuperSweet
Report 12 years ago
Carr Saunders is the ****!!!!!! everyone knows everyone(apart from the postgrads), very social, love the location, has been the major plus of university life! 24 hour kitchen access, canteen mon-fri, own pub, great common room, computer room. i love it

and its only £107 a week!

AND I got a double bed for no extra price wooo lol

the only thing is you have to share the showers on your floor...but we all have our own sinks
sebastiangomez87
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Pedsdude)
I would say Bankside. Pretty cheap, catered if you want, nice and central, modern building and furnishings.

It depends on what you're looking for, really.

Hi guys. I'm a postgrad attending next year. I want to know how is the option of self-catered at Bankside decided? I wrote the accommodation office and told me it is random.

Thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (27)
32.53%
They're exactly what I expected (23)