The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Is it ok to apply to 2 courses at LSE?

Hey!

I will be applying to LSE and I have read on the forum that it is not advisable to apply to two different courses at LSE because they prefer that you write a specifically tailored PS for one course.

If you do apply to two LSE courses do they often reject you from both or just from one of them?

I am really interested in Economics and Economic History however the Economic History with Economics is a very similar course. Would it be a problem applying to both?
Reply 1
Chrissy6
I am really interested in Economics and Economic History however the Economic History with Economics is a very similar course. Would it be a problem applying to both?

As I'm not an expert on LSE's courses, I could very well be wrong, but it seems to me that these two courses that you're planning to apply for are almost identical. Given that they are so very similar, there's a very good chance that your application will be reviewed by the same admissions tutor(s) for both applications. In that case, you won't be any more likely to get in if you apply twice than if you only apply once. The second application will be a waste.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
It is true, it is unadvisable to apply for both courses due to the emmense competition for the limited spaces available for each course. It would seem more prudent to apply to the one you'd like to do the most and go for it, and with the other choice choose another university as LSE is pretty damn hard to get into. But there is no rule that says you can't, so go for it if u want.
Reply 3
hm, there is one guy on here who applied to 2 courses and got 1 offer.
Reply 4
As long as you are a good enough candidate, they will give you an offer.
Reply 5
So applying for two courses in no good idea. Does this also go for postgraduates? I ask because they say that students can apply for two different postgraduate courses.

Philip
Reply 6
i wouldnt but since it's not majorly different i guess you could do. But no more than 2 please or you'd be ruining your chances. Just make sure you dedicate your personal statement to both subjects equally. Best of luck!
Many people apply to two courses. If its in the same department you might not want to do that, because as far as i know, you would only be given one offer, and that would be in the degree which was less competitive to get into that year. Apply to two degrees if they are different departments, otherwise in one department just better to apply to one degree.
Reply 8
The Sherminator
Many people apply to two courses. If its in the same department you might not want to do that, because as far as i know, you would only be given one offer, and that would be in the degree which was less competitive to get into that year. Apply to two degrees if they are different departments, otherwise in one department just better to apply to one degree.

:O

Is Economics in the Econ department
and Maths WITH Economics in the Maths department?

Thanks
Jinru

Thanks

That is correct, Jinru.
Reply 10
Joy Division
That is correct, Jinru.

cheers :smile:
Jinru

Thanks

Yes, and yes.
How about economics and accountancy & finance???
It is best to apply for only one course, this shows them that you are dedicated and serious about your course and are not just attending LSE for the name

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending