Turn on thread page Beta

Motoring Society Round 2 Uni Car watch

ReputationRep:
    Yay Tigra is pulling ahead again, you know it makes sense

ReputationRep:
    Dammit, the poll closed on a tie, I say the Tigra should win . Better than the Ka, :rolleyes: IMO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snmichaels)
    Dammit, the poll closed on a tie, I say the Tigra should win . Better than the Ka, :rolleyes: IMO
    How can you call the tigra a student car. You would call the puma one and they were competitriors. THe insurance would probably be too high for starters. Its a compact coupe not a student run about

ReputationRep:
    I keep forgetting that the british consider a tigra to be in anyway "sporty" :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    little cars are bad for some activities

ReputationRep:
    What kind of activities? Sexual intercourse?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kingspharm)
    What kind of activities? Sexual intercourse?
    :eek: I meant things like skiing cause you have nowhere to put your equipment.

honest.

ReputationRep:
    :laugh: You could always get a roof box.

Or one of those Saab 9-3 convertibles. You can get ski-racks as a factory option

ReputationRep:
    bugger those buy a V6 vectra,

im 19 and drive a car with about 170bhp and pay £660 for insurance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by E12_MAT)
    bugger those buy a V6 vectra,

im 19 and drive a car with about 170bhp and pay £660 for insurance
    is that with adrian fluxy??? go on then...tel us about it..what car? how many years no claims? and what company? is it a civic vti youve got at 170bhp??

ReputationRep:
    Little cars are great in many aspects. . . . .

generally you don't need in excess of 200 brake for it to get moving fast.

Look at the Lupo Gti at 125bhp - thats pretty quick for a 8 sec time to 100kph.
    Others include: Renault 5 GT Turbo - OBSCENE! although I wouldn't drive one due to its ugliness.

Out of the poll above - the Tigra should win hands down. The best design, the best quality (choke; well out of that lot anyway) and more electrical equipment than the rest.

What 170 brake car do you have E12 MAT? In fact let me play a guessing game. GIve me a slight clue!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walshie)
    Little cars are great in many aspects. . . . .

generally you don't need in excess of 200 brake for it to get moving fast.

Look at the Lupo Gti at 125bhp - thats pretty quick for a 8 sec time to 100kph.
    Others include: Renault 5 GT Turbo - OBSCENE! although I wouldn't drive one due to its ugliness.

Out of the poll above - the Tigra should win hands down. The best design, the best quality (choke; well out of that lot anyway) and more electrical equipment than the rest.

What 170 brake car do you have E12 MAT? In fact let me play a guessing game. GIve me a slight clue!

its got a 2.5litre engine and does about 23mpgm, 170 brake is standard from factory.

ReputationRep:
    MG ZS 2.5l delivering 170 brake?

am i right? that took me about 2 seconds by the way! I bet I'm now wrong

ReputationRep:
    its a v6 but im afraid ur wrong think older and more family carish, dont know wheaher to take the beast to uni or not what you think?

ReputationRep:
    Vectra! - the old V6 2.5 170 brake I think? Reasonably quick and was brought out on an N reg

ReputationRep:
    yer cheap 2 buy and insure, lots of room and goes like buggery bout 145 top i think.

take it to uni yes or no?

ReputationRep:
    Do it! - I would if I could, but there isn't anyone willing to sell me a permit where I study.

Its just the fuel - ouch.
    Why is it so little to insure? What group insurance is it.

For 19 that is incredibly cheap. I paid £2500 last year (cheapest I could find) for my group 18 car. This year, somehow & I don't know how (I'm convinced it was a system failure), I'm paying only a £1000. I'm 24 by the way living in London.

ReputationRep:
    its group 16 i think, 2 ncb with norwich union in a low crime area. plus its a family car where as if you buy a saxo they think swilly and rack up the premiums.

what sort of car have you got must have 200bhp for a group 18

cheap cars to insure:
    rover ti 200bhp
    vectra sri v6 170bhp
    alfa romeo 156 v6 200bhp
    cavalier v6 170bhp

as quick as vts but half the insurance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by E12_MAT)
    its group 16 i think, 2 ncb with norwich union in a low crime area. plus its a family car where as if you buy a saxo they think swilly and rack up the premiums.

what sort of car have you got must have 200bhp for a group 18

cheap cars to insure:
    rover ti 200bhp
    vectra sri v6 170bhp
    alfa romeo 156 v6 200bhp
    cavalier v6 170bhp

as quick as vts but half the insurance
    woooo...nice one matey..im gona sell my car now...so isnt a 4 door civic vti (1.6 vtec, ins grp 16) cheap too? damn these ins companys and the way they work out insurance...tits..

ReputationRep:
    Group 16 for a 1.6?

Even the Type R is only group 17.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.