Turn on thread page Beta

Motoring Society Round 2 Uni Car watch

ReputationRep:
    the quote for me on the civic was 774.23 just as quick as my vectra bit healthier on fuel.

if i wasnt going to uni i would buy a subaru legacy twin turbo 280bhp 4wd and only 1400 for insurance now that is cheap.

ReputationRep:
    280bhp for a Legacy?

When was this made - must of only been just recent.
    The last one I heard about was the Spec B at 242bhp. And really it is not very quick to 60mph. Its a 3.0 litre version with a flat 6.

ReputationRep:
    heh...i paid £1.5K for my ins group 5 mitsu colt..only a 1.3 :eek:
    i might ask the 3rd p f&t cost..fully comp is tits..im going to have 1 year n.c in sept. im with norwich union too. but there again..I live in south yorkshire..soo it says it all i suppose..damn chavs everywhere..

ReputationRep:
    the legacy was the rs imported version,

1.5k for a 1.3 thats not cheap, my insurance is with norwich union aswell! just a lot cheaper

BUY A ROVER

ReputationRep:
    Buy a Rover! - god blimey - if you want to loose 60% of the cars value in 2 years.

Imports are costlier to insure as well because of foreign parts. So £1400 for a 19 year old on what your suggesting is pretty much impossible unless you 've put something there that isn't quite correct.
    If it is genuine, you must have the best insurance company in the world! End of. I swear blind right now that not one insurer would be able to better that price.

ReputationRep:
    my apologises insurance company thought it was the single turbo engilsh one

not a new rover an old one a 600 ti or a 623 gsi. friend of mine has had both and had the gsi when he was 18, it had full leather, aircon all the toys and 2.3 honda engine puting out about 167bhp.

cost him best part of 900 to insure which is sort of cheap.

walshie what have you got?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by E12_MAT)
    walshie what have you got?
    306 gti6 - basically 167bhp from 2.0l at 1260kg

well thats not quite true - its actually now about 170bhp from 2.0 at 1200kg (weight reduced). Does the 0-60mph in roughly 7 secs dead and onto 145mph (confirmed )

When you talk about fast, this thing flies for not such substantial brake.

In fact, my car got stolen last year, and the thieves out done the police 3 times in it! The officer said, "I couldn't stop it, we got to 140mph and my car gave up". This was on the M25 Enfield area. Its kind of satisfying to know!

He also said there was one more time they had a viewing of it, but decided not to pursue because of risk to pedestrians in a unworthy pursuit. "The car was a lot quicker in short distances for our vehicles to handle, so chasing him at acceleration speeds around small roads was dangerous and pointless"

ReputationRep:
    norwich union told me they wont insure me with an import until im 25... E12mat how on earth do you get it that cheap??? do you tell them your 35 or something..or...??

ReputationRep:
    cheap for wot the civic, im 19 with 2 years no claims they say no you say please could you check with ur under writers because i have had quotes of this nature before,

ive been with them since i passed done a pass plus and low rated crime area

how old are you and no claims?

ReputationRep:
    20, 1 years no claims this sept and i have a pass pluss..high crime area :eek:
    and im moving to central manchester this sept..so. still high crime I guess..i might settle for a motorbike though (I may have to sell my car due to financial reasons)..although you need to be balled and have a belly and a few grandkinds before they will insure you on a 1000cc bike..

ReputationRep:
    Get the vaseline ready

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walshie)
    Group 16 for a 1.6?

Even the Type R is only group 17.
    ye..these are the ones before TypeR was made...1.6 Vtec motors. great things. like the mitsu colt cyborg mivec...very rare though the cyborg

oo E12_MAT I got a quote from the confused.com, the cheapest they could offer on a 96P vectra 2.5 V6 GSi i think, £3K 3rd party fire and theft
    i stil dont know how youve managed to get that quote..nice one though..

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.