Turn on thread page Beta

What really distracts/annoys you when you are revising? watch

ReputationRep:
    hey

well, im wondering what really drives you up the wall when you are trying to revise. with me it has to be my siblings, esp my baby bro. i love them and all but my baby bro keeps coming every 2 minutes, crying or something else.

hatty341

ReputationRep:
    people talking to me when they know i am trying to o something, that really get on my nerves!

ReputationRep:
    Whenever i start, my parents start shouting me, and asking for me to help them out :mad:

ReputationRep:
    msn distracts me!

ReputationRep:
    I get distracted by the tv, music, computer, and anything that has sound, lol.

ReputationRep:
    MSN and TSR!!! And my mobile ringing, and brother and sister, and my animals... it always seems like everything's dead quiet til I have to start working and then there's some kind of crisis that I have to deal with. Ooh or when the weather's nice, I cannot revise with the sun distracting me!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gonnabavet)
    MSN and TSR!!! And my mobile ringing, and brother and sister, and my animals... it always seems like everything's dead quiet til I have to start working and then there's some kind of crisis that I have to deal with. Ooh or when the weather's nice, I cannot revise with the sun distracting me!!!
    How could I forget msn and TSR, lol. I always go on TSR during rest times though.

ReputationRep:
    MSN , TSR, ABRSM,...my beloved mobile! and my parents yelling at me 24/7 to do something

ReputationRep:
    everything, be it alive or non-alive, everything that is around me!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxhayleyxx)
    people talking to me when they know i am trying to o something, that really get on my nerves!
    I know, same. I hate it when I'm trying to revise (eg. at lunch, before a test) and someone comes up and tries to chat.

It's hard to get them to shut up without being rude.

ReputationRep:
    true true...

ReputationRep:
    my sister, my brother, my friends trying to chat with me, my parents asking me to do something, TSR, MSN, orkut, books, nice weather, TV, ringing phones, everything I think.

ReputationRep:
    My brother whistling - it drives me up the wall and especially when I'm really trying to concentrate, I feel like... doing something to inflict a lot of pain :P

ReputationRep:
    Lol. TSR I guess, also my dear little sister who keeps popping into my room to play the latest greatest tune she's attempting on her recorder!

ReputationRep:
    My mum! she sees I am busy working away and starts asking me questions/talking to me, but in more of a murmer/whisper so all my energy is taken up trying to hear here and figure out if she is tlaking to me..or to HERSELF! I could cope if she was speaking loud enough for me to hear, I can multitask that way. Also when people rustle papers,bags,food etc it is like SHUT UP CAN'T YOU SEE I AM WORKING and their responce is :eek: :mad: its only a bag/question/letter etc

ReputationRep:
    There are many things that distract me when I am revising and if I listed them all then I would be here forever! lol

Anywho - when I usually revise my concentration span automatically goes to "zero" and I usually start watching television or chatting on MSN or even going to the cupboards for some food.

I also get distracted by my family as they constantly bug me 24/7 when I am revising, but I guess I am just the same as everyone else! lol

Stef

ReputationRep:
    Anything remotely interesting besides revising. Anything.

ReputationRep:
    thinkin abt wot im gnna do after my xams ..nd wen thy do get over u just dnt feel da same excitement any more..any1 else feel like dat?

ReputationRep:
    My cat quietly walks up to me, rubs my leg for a bit, and then when I don't stroke her she starts to claw my leg, getting harder and harder 'till I am FORCED to go let her out/give her food/stroke her/carry her to my bed to make her stop bothering me... it's a v effective torture device!

aw I love my cat

ReputationRep:
    My mum is a childminder which dont help matters....there is a 3 year old a 1 year old and a 5 year old who always wants to fight me....also, my sis annoy's me all the time!!!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.