Turn on thread page Beta

What really distracts/annoys you when you are revising? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    I get distracted by the tv, music, computer, and anything that has sound, lol.
    Same and i have to put up with that alot. I even went to revise at the library last week, but they had some sort of kids story time/colouring and they were also making loads of noise. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Just plain old boredom, and my thoughts. Instead of writing notes of what I'm supposed to be revising, I end up drawing trees and writing random words. Perhaps I should find a new revision technique. Oh, and my brother occasionally kicking the floor after losing a football game on PS2 or something.

ReputationRep:
    wen ppl hav the tv really loud i can here it from the other room!!

ReputationRep:
    ANYTHING, this includes:

- Sound
    - People talking (and when you say can you be quiet theyre like ohh fine then whatever)
    - TV
    - Sitting in a wrong position
    - The blinds not being set at the correct angle
    - Randomly deciding to tidy up
    - The fact that I'm not revising

Etc.

ReputationRep:
    music playing, i need total silence

ReputationRep:
    being awake.

ReputationRep:
    People on lawnmowers, using strimmers, hammering nails, the heat, blinding sunlight.

ReputationRep:
    i have to say that TSR distracts me, but i love it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hatty341)
    hey

well, im wondering what really drives you up the wall when you are trying to revise. with me it has to be my siblings, esp my baby bro. i love them and all but my baby bro keeps coming every 2 minutes, crying or something else.

hatty341
    hey this prob sounds strange but what i find distracting when revising is..........silence! i dunno what it is, when its to quiet it i think too much, then i get worried and frustrated. i prefer to have soft music or something in the backround lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CornishGirl)
    music playing, i need total silence
    I find that depends on the sort of revision I'm doing. If it's something that requires concentration then only silence will do..

Infact, I gave myself a treat the other day - I let myself listen to music whilst marking a paper I'd just taken! Then I realised how abismal my life was :rolleyes:

But not anymore! Now I can listen to music full blast and not worry about.. well.. anything!

*bounces off happily to play*

ReputationRep:
    What really annoys me is that you sit for hours on end learning all this stuff then you walk out the exam hall and forget it all!

ReputationRep:
    the idiot who lives accross the road - and drives his sodding quad bike around and around (in his rather large from garden) in circles - he managed to have mates round every weekend during my exams - who each brought petrol bikes ... if i get into uni - ill get my law degree and sue his ass ...

ReputationRep:
    i get distracted when it's too quiet =o.........weird, i know

When my bro plays these spinning tops that are very loud. When my bro shouts really loud. When my bro bangs the door very loud. He's six btw. Why can't he just watch TV like the rest?

ReputationRep:
    Any little noise distracts me! Even if its a whisper!

ReputationRep:
    I have a bird's nest right next to my window. They can get pretty loud. If only they lived somewhere else...

ReputationRep:
    well...during my gcse's it was the darts, and during my As's it was the snooker- nething not to revise

ReputationRep:
    yup, afraid i'm another silence person - hate it (guess it's coz i think too much and can't concentrate fully it's like all your troubles come out and make me think about them instead of the revision!! very annoying - i know! - it's like when your'e trying to sleep and all you can do is worry about that "thing" on your mind)

i just have to have some music playing (quietly) and then i start to relax more anyway. The more i relax, the more goes in!

(until you walk out of the exam room!! lol) :mad: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Everything seems to distract me when im revising. Unless I'm totally motivated and determined to get it done; i usually get distracted in the process in revision and then stop completely. No matter if its the vases on the shelf, the cat walking around, the cars outside...everything affects me mentally.

ReputationRep:
    Food, generally. I usually get hungry and then forget about revision completely after I've eaten my sandwich...

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.