Please Read before you Delete! Watch

This discussion is closed.
AngryJellyfish
  • Volunteer Section Leader
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Why should new members not have their own thread? As I stated in my last one, this thread will change. There will be no spam. We will discuss topics such as news, TV, Michael Jackson e.t.c. I will delete any innapropriate messages myself. Please can we have this thread back?
Scubar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i really don't think they're going to listen mate, its sad but thats life, its weird that they just closed this one instead of deleting it
Cazzi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by AndrewsJoseph)
Why should new members not have their own thread? As I stated in my last one, this thread will change. There will be no spam. We will discuss topics such as news, TV, Michael Jackson e.t.c. I will delete any innapropriate messages myself. Please can we have this thread back?
yeh please. i promise to talk about news issues like jacko...yay hes innocent! im so happy for him.

i doubt they will listen to me
AngryJellyfish
Rep:
?
(Original post by Scubar)
i really don't think they're going to listen mate, its sad but thats life, its weird that they just closed this one instead of deleting it
What is it with you? Your threads keep closing too, so your no better.
Scubar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i know they keep closing, its not that new members aren't allowed to have threads its just the mods don't like the idea of a 'spam' thread, my posts that have been deleted are just stating the fact that the mods don't like them, in a hopefully semi-humuorous way
AngryJellyfish
Rep:
?
IT WILL NOT BE A SPAM THREAD. THE LAST ONE WAS NOT A SPAM THREAD.
Do you not read the messages I have sent?
Cazzi
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
IT WILL NOT BE A SPAM THREAD. THE LAST ONE WAS NOT A SPAM THREAD.
Do you not read the messages I have sent?
i give up....
AngryJellyfish
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cazzi_Bear)
i give up....
DON'T GIVE UP! I'm willing to be banned fighting for what I believe!
(well, mabye not permanently banned... )
m:)ckel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I don't see too much harm in it. But I think the argument is there's no need for it. If you want to discuss current affairs, such as Jacko, then you discuss it in the Jacko thread (and if there isn't already a thread for it, then create one). There's a whole forum to contribute to- what's the need for new members to have this one thread to chat in?
Google
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
try to send a message for the moderators
so get to know why they keep closing it
I sent them one today asking for permission to start such thread
but they did not reply yet
fluffball
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
This will be closed v.shortly i imagine...
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If you want to discuss news then start a thread for each news topic.
If you want to discuss TV then start a thread in the TV subforum for each program.
If you want to discuss Micheal Jackson - then discuss it on the many MJ threads.

Subscribers do not have the ability to delete other members posts.

New members have an entire subforum (the Welcome Lounge) to get to know each other.

Threads created purely to boost post count and spam will be deleted, as will off topic spam within other threads.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.8%
No - but I will (102)
7.68%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.85%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (633)
47.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise