?
Report 13 years ago
can i join? i have a dog, 2 bunnies, a hammy and some fish
tessa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
hi can i join...bout to start vet school (rvc) i have 2 guinea pigs and a snake and fish...used to have 3 guineas but one tragically died this summer as did the aged hamster....might b adopting another hamster or gerbils

btw adopt all u animal lovers....like 150 dogs get put down every month apparently in thuk just cos there are too many stray/wunwanted dogs....they are otherwise perfectly healthy....makes me soo...sad...oh yeah im also vegetarian..which i think every animal lover should be otherwise..if u eat them how can u say u love them....i also help out/ride at my local stables
*Arwen*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
oooohh me too!!!

I have 6 cats , 4 rabbits, 1 guinea pig, 2 mice, 1 hamster, 1 budgie, 17 g.a.l snails and loadsa fish.

but I'm going to uni - so I have to leave them all behind - :eek:
Pepaim
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hey guys. Just got back from vet and it looks like my dog isn't going to make it. She had an op a couple of days ago (removed spleen and womb) and seemed fine though anaemic. Today shes had to have a blood transfusion and they think shes not making her own red blood cells so it could be cancer. Vet says if it is not much chance of cure and may be knider to put her to sleep cos treatment would be long and painful. What would you guys do?
tessa
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
sometimes its kinder to put them down....we had to put my guinea pig down earlier this summer...she was in a really bad way..if they r visably suffering....and they aren't improving or they are getting worse then i think its the kindest thing to do sometimes..awww im soo sorry bout that hun......*hug*
saiyamanadingdongbanana
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Pepaim)
Hey guys. Just got back from vet and it looks like my dog isn't going to make it. She had an op a couple of days ago (removed spleen and womb) and seemed fine though anaemic. Today shes had to have a blood transfusion and they think shes not making her own red blood cells so it could be cancer. Vet says if it is not much chance of cure and may be knider to put her to sleep cos treatment would be long and painful. What would you guys do?
aww sorry to hear! :hugs: I agree with tessa, i would probs prevent the dog from suffering any more, which is a horrible thing to think about, but would prevent you and your dog from more pain.
Pepaim
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Have just got back from vets and we've put her to sleep. They said the blood results show she had leaukimia and we thought it was kinder that way. Was just hard as she seemed so well cos she'd had a blood transfusion which had perked her up and we thought about taking her home but thought it was best to get it over with. Not sure how Im gonna cope with next few days, my other dog is gonna be really sad. Im meant to be starting/moving to uni on Sat.
tessa
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
oh no...well actually its prob best it happened b4 u went away..it would have been harder to make the decision if u were further away..or didn't get a chance to say good bye......i know its sounds harsh and its still sad but...yeah comfort your other dog as much as you can then...poor thing.....losing two friends in a week....im sure your parents/whoever looks after the dog will take good care of it....while your away though so u won't have to worry about that.....im gonna be soo sad to leave my pets this sat too...and u will have to carry on grieving for your other dog after u move...im sure everyone will be really supportive and understanding......give your other dog a hug from me too...aww bless
Coombe
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
CAn i join?

I've got a (tri colour) border collie and an abysinian (brindle) guinea pig and (tropical tank, cold water pond) fish although they aren't mine anymore. Used to have rabbits and work volentarily at the RSPCA every monday.

Am allergic to fur - cats and rabbits, but used to be alright with anti-histmines when i worked at the RSPCA and just put up with in with my rabbits. Couldn't have a cat though! and my sister is also allergic, plus they affect her asthma. Don't know if i'd been the same now though as i'm dosed to the max on two types of antihistamines because of my dermographism so i'd probs be fine now!!

Love animals and am all for animal welfare. (veggie too)

do i get to join?
AngryJellyfish
  • Volunteer Section Leader
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
In reply to everyone's requests to join: YES!
Sorry I haven't been here for such a long time, I seriously thought this thread had died.
AngryJellyfish
Rep:
?
Big thanks to ridgeback, cazzi_bear, saiyamana and bodhisattva and everyone else for keeping this thread alive while I was away spamming all the other threads

So how about a logo? I know they aren't making any more soc logos at the moment, but we should still choose one, it would be fun
yo-less
Report 13 years ago
we could have...a mutant of different animals:eek:
saiyamanadingdongbanana
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by AndrewsJoseph)
Big thanks to ridgeback, cazzi_bear, saiyamana and bodhisattva and everyone else for keeping this thread alive while I was away spamming all the other threads

So how about a logo? I know they aren't making any more soc logos at the moment, but we should still choose one, it would be fun
no probs AJ
AngryJellyfish
Rep:
?
(Original post by yo-less)
we could have...a mutant of different animals:eek:
Hmmm... Any suggestions as to what the animal mutant's head should be?
The Crow
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i would love to join this soc but i dnt think id b allowed....
AngryJellyfish
Rep:
?
Any reason why?
The Crow
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yea. everything dies around me...
AngryJellyfish
Rep:
?
Well, you can join if you like, just try to be careful
Cazzi
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
anyone seen www.ourchickens.com its like a webcam with chickens in. And it was in the newspaper the other day because over 20,000 people have logged on to watch the chickens! lol
AngryJellyfish
Rep:
?
Cool! I have about 100 chickens at my house.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (260)
38.86%
No - but I will (46)
6.88%
No - I don't want to (49)
7.32%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (314)
46.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise