The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
im doing higher, and i am very worried. i need to get above a B, to get into the maths A level. :eek:
Reply 2
I'm doing higher and i'm very very worried, i go to a gram school and i'm in set1, and we are always told,

" last years y11 only one person got an A everyone else got an A*, i am expecting better of this set this year gentlemen"
mtbab
I'm doing higher and i'm very very worried, i go to a gram school and i'm in set1, and we are always told,

" last years y11 only one person got an A everyone else got an A*, i am expecting better of this set this year gentlemen"

Gutted! Well, at least u get referred to as gentlemen which is better than the terms of abuse we're subjected to.... as long as the calculator's as easy as the non-calculator you'll be fine... tho i'm doubting it will be.. No pressure at my school cos most of set 1 will be expecting Bs anyway (not that there's anything wrong with that before a get attacked by someone accusing me of being a snob)
Reply 4
im so nervous about maths tomorrow its freaky! i have to do extra well coz i screwed up my coursework, and if i dont get an A* my parents are going to freak..eek! But also, i need an A* coz i wanna do further maths, and its the most important subject to me.
Reply 5
lol my moms set me a maths condition that is soo stupid its untrue. coz i didnt want to take maths next yr, she said

My Mom,lol
Martin, if you get A* in maths, you havent got to do it next yr, but if you don't you have got to do it

but the funny thing is coz of the amount of peoplt that do get A*'s at our school, our school pref want you to have A* at maths to do it next yr, so its a win win, if i get A* aint gotta do it, if i don't, i can't do it :smile:
Reply 6
ohh kidhaa Jags!

ive got edexcel calc maths tomo too, intermediate!

i didn't do well on the paper 1 so i need to do well on ppaer2!

any tips anyone?
Reply 7
ummm its maths, so just make sure you know everything, lol, have you done past papers?
Reply 8
my dad is really trying hard to help me get the best grade possible in maths, bless him. but i just dont get it! its my sister whos the maths genius!
Reply 9
God, I hate maths in school. Maths puzzles (like the Maths Challenge) are soooooooo much more interesting.
Mr. Fox
God, I hate maths in school. Maths puzzles (like the Maths Challenge) are soooooooo much more interesting.

Yeah, I agree. Maths in school is just about memorising stuff and bookwork- you don't need understanding and imagination to do well. The maths challenges are way better cos they at least require you to show some initiative...mind you, I'm not complaining cos at least it makes the exams easier!
I'm worried cos I found the non-calc (higher) pretty easy and now im scared that theyre gonna make this one hard to make up for it! Haven't done any revision since before the last one. Does anyone know if we have to know proofs for circle theorems? Also a list of things that didn't come up in the last wud b useful as theyre more likely to be in it...arent they?? well there wasnt any LCM and HCF for a start bt thats all i can rememba
martinjolly
I'm worried cos I found the non-calc (higher) pretty easy and now im scared that theyre gonna make this one hard to make up for it! Haven't done any revision since before the last one. Does anyone know if we have to know proofs for circle theorems? Also a list of things that didn't come up in the last wud b useful as theyre more likely to be in it...arent they?? well there wasnt any LCM and HCF for a start bt thats all i can rememba

Yeah, non-calc was easy so I feel the same way... too busy with science to bother with maths tho....no percentages, trial and improvement, conversions, transformations and graphs of functions, sine and cosine rules, vectors, histograms, correlation, simultaneous equations, direct and inverse proportion, let me know if u think of anything else!

Edit: Just realised I did OCR not Edexcel, oh well!
Reply 13
I hate the calculator paper because one tiny little mistake with le calculator and you could get the whole friggin answer wrong. Also, there tends to be these nasty hard questions at the end which half the population can't do but are worth 6 marks or something equally ridiculous.
Reply 14
Mr. Fox

hey dyu do the maths challenges too, i love those got a gold Junior Intermeditiate and Senior, and my mate even went to some next Olympiad round in the intermeditate one he was like top10 in the country or sumthin
Reply 15
well hopefully it will be mroe challenging in terms of the algebra, more than the first one neway. (wwwhhhhhaaaa!!!)
Reply 16
well hopefully it will be more challenging in terms of the algebra, more than the first one neway. (wwwhhhhhaaaa!!!) :wtf?:
Reply 17
hmmm double post with a two minute difference, lol
Reply 18
meh doing intermediate maths and im worried..
the mocks were OK for me I got a B but because of last weeks paper im not feeling so confident
hatty341
im doing higher, and i am very worried. i need to get above a B, to get into the maths A level. :eek:

:dito: :frown:

Latest