AQA(A) General Studies U4 and 5 Watch

This discussion is closed.
ecolier
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
it's tomorrow!! i m panicking a bit but can u really revise for it??
JohnStuartMill
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Why panic? General studies means nothing, no universities look at it, it isn't a real A-level for crying out loud, if you don't get a grade that you want just decline it and they will never know you took it.
AATTMM
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Not really, don't worry about it. The languages paper is multiple choice, then you answer ONE essay question from a huge selection. The second paper is maths/science - just remember to take a calculator. Nothing to worry about AT ALL!
Gaz031
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I have AQAB U4+U5 tomorrow and must admit i'm not looking forward to it. I'd rather do further maths P6!
I just can't stand having to waffle essays for 2.5 hours when I haven't learnt anything for the subject as there's actually no proper content to learn. The specification itself is waffle.
kpg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by JohnStuartMill)
Why panic? General studies means nothing, no universities look at it
Not really. I know a few people and have heard of lots of people who have got into courses by missing a grade in one subject but made it up by a high grade in gen studies. Ok, not really valid for very over subscribed courses like Medicine or Law but a lot of unis will take it into consideration. That doesnt mean there's a need to panic though of course. You can't really revise for it unless you want to top up on the french/spanish/german skills. The essays arent even a test of knowledge, just a test of how well someone can construct a coherent argument.
Cartouche
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Just remember with the essays:

Intro
Point for
Another point for
Point against
Another point against
Conclusion

and you should be fine. I find Gen.Studs helps relieve the pressure of the other exams, and the German bit is a little extra practise for my big German exam on Thursday!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (291)
37.6%
No - but I will (54)
6.98%
No - I don't want to (56)
7.24%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (373)
48.19%

Watched Threads