Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have decided (at long last) that this summer i am going to get my ears pierced partly based on the fact that i can't stop finding earring that i want to buy and wear! However, i have no idea where is good (I live in SW London btw) and how much it costs - does anyone know of a good (and also fairly painless) place to get it done, and how much it might cost??? Thanks very much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ali p)
    I have decided (at long last) that this summer i am going to get my ears pierced partly based on the fact that i can't stop finding earring that i want to buy and wear! However, i have no idea where is good (I live in SW London btw) and how much it costs - does anyone know of a good (and also fairly painless) place to get it done, and how much it might cost??? Thanks very much
    You can always do it yourself you know . And yeah im getting my conch done soon, my friends all go to the same place for their tunnels, tongue and lip piercings. If you're looking for jewellery after the piercing then go to http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.co.uk/
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Go to a proper body piercing studio where they use needles, not somewjere that uses guns. That means do not go to anywhere like a hairdressers, Claire's Acessories etc

ReputationRep:
    when they use the guns they turn out wonky and totaly off the place they were going to put them.

and the guns are said to be a little more painful to cause of the force

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ali p)
    I got my ears pierced about 2 years ago at Selfridges in London and i'm really pleased with how it turned out. I think it cost me all in all about £45, but the people are all really good and it didn't hurt much.

However if you don't want to go there, make sure you go somewhere where it's done professionally and safely.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's called "Cold Steel" in Camden Town - it's supposed to be a very good piercing place.

ReputationRep:
    i got mine done with a gun a few years ago. she made my left ear bleed a bit, nasty... all dark red/black and crumbly.... bleurgh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hatty341)
    i got mine done with a gun a few years ago. she made my left ear bleed a bit, nasty... all dark red/black and crumbly.... bleurgh!
    Nice, the one i go to is a small place in reading, but its really good.

ReputationRep:
    I think it cost me all in all about £45
    Thats a much better price than i was expecting

ReputationRep:
    I got my ears pierced about 2 years ago at Selfridges
    When you got it done there, did they use a needle or a gun? (until this thread i always though a gun was the only way!)
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by G4ry)
    I think it's called "Cold Steel" in Camden Town - it's supposed to be a very good piercing place.
    I've heard of that, even though I don't live in London!

I'd recommend not Selfridges, as £45 is a bit expensive, and they probably still use guns.

ReputationRep:
    guns are fine for the bottom of ya ears and there much cheeper then a needle. they don't hurt either. i got my first 3 sets done with a gun and they have all turned out fine and stright. they cost me between £7 and £15 a pair.

ReputationRep:
    a hammer, some nails, job done

ReputationRep:
    I got all 3 of mine done at claires accessories, make sure they do them one at a time with the thinnest posts (the metal bits that go through your ears) as it will hurt less.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by theinsanityofme)
    guns are fine for the bottom of ya ears and there much cheeper then a needle. they don't hurt either. i got my first 3 sets done with a gun and they have all turned out fine and stright. they cost me between £7 and £15 a pair.
    No, guns are not fine! They ram a prctically blunt stud through your ear! It causes trauma, takes longer to heal and has a higher risk of infection! And that's not counting other things like guns can't be sterilised, people who use them usually don't know what they're doing, and the holes are usually off centre or not straight.

I've got a pencil; if I ram it with enough force I'm sure I could use it to pierce your ears. But that doesn't mean it's a good tool for the job.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by twiga)
    I got all 3 of mine done at claires accessories, make sure they do them one at a time with the thinnest posts (the metal bits that go through your ears) as it will hurt less.
    No, shut up

(I got fed up of being polite and not listened to, so I decided I'd be rude and not listened to as it's more fun)

ReputationRep:
    I got all 3 of mine done at claires accessories
    I've heard bad things about claires accessories and thier ear piercing, apparently they keep getting thier licsense taken away!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ali p)
    I've heard bad things about claires accessories and thier ear piercing, apparently they keep getting thier licsense taken away!
    It's a disgusting place, they just sit you down on a chair in the front window and do it - it doesn't look very sterile either and i doubt the people are really trained. If you go to somewhere professional like Cold Steel that i mentioned the piercers actually have to have a good knowledge of the human anatomy in order to know where and how to pierce.

ReputationRep:
    professional places are a bit more expensive but definitely worth it. it could cost around £20 per ear but i recommend it. remember a piercing is a hole in your body and it'll last a lot longer than the tenner you'd be saving by going to the cheaper place! and just so you know, it doesn't hurt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    No, guns are not fine! They ram a prctically blunt stud through your ear! It causes trauma, takes longer to heal and has a higher risk of infection! And that's not counting other things like guns can't be sterilised, people who use them usually don't know what they're doing, and the holes are usually off centre or not straight.

I've got a pencil; if I ram it with enough force I'm sure I could use it to pierce your ears. But that doesn't mean it's a good tool for the job.
    the girl's got it spot on. listen to her, she knows what she's talking about.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.