Turn on thread page Beta

On a scale of 1 -10 (1 = least screwed/ 10 = most) how bad r u going to do on LTA6? watch

ReputationRep:
    i would say roughly 8 at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    7, my essays never go into enough depth for this unit

ReputationRep:
    I don't take Lit I take lang/Lit but I would say 5 for me because I only need 15 for a C and 75 for a B out of 120.
    But it will indeed be really hard!

ReputationRep:
    7/8 i'm dreading this exam!

ReputationRep:
    clearly a 10
    I've never even done a practice essay just plans

ReputationRep:
    urms about 9 i think. i haven't done any revision yet as i spent so long concentrating on todays geography exam :eek:
    but i did come on here to start!

ReputationRep:
    About 7/8 - I have all my quotes, they're just not going into my head! Do you think they need to be word for word perfect or will it matter if 1 or 2 words are wrong as long as the jist of it is there?

ReputationRep:
    I feel ok about this; so i'm gonna say 3ish. Our teacher is a right b*tch of a marker and she gave me 19/20 for my mock, so I'm all happy. The ironic thing is i thought i'd done really bad and i don't know what i did which made it so good. Key - its not necessarily about having read lots of things, but rather abt being able to quote from them and refer. Go onto www.amazon.com, type in something like Birdsong if u haven't read it and read an online synopsis. Thats what i did for a lot of books which I didn't have time to read.

Good luck tomorrow, everyone i hope you get the grades you want,

Steve

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, good luck everybody!

ReputationRep:
    5ish. Maybe a touch less. But I get incredibly relaxed about exams, which can be a bad thing if something a bit strange comes up. I've learnt some stuff, read a lot, and though I don't profess to remember anything, I think I'll cope. Hopefully

So yes, about a 4-5.

ReputationRep:
    3-4 here too. The specification of this exam seems to be all about blagging. I also have A in LTA1-5 so i'm fairly confident even if i screw up and only secure a few marks I'll be in the A/B area.

Remember people, this exam is probably the one you need to know least for. Essay writing skills and the ability to understand and contrast poetry is all you need, as well as an ability to name drop 2 da extr3m3 in part b.

ReputationRep:
    I am at about 8.

Good Luck for tomorrow everyone!!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.