Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Look at all the people sabotaging Live 8 ticket sales :-o

http://search.ebay.co.uk/live-8-tick...dZ300QQsalicZ3

-Kavanne

ReputationRep:
    wow.. thats sort of wrong

ReputationRep:
    With some of them the money's going to charity - so what's wrong with that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    With some of them the money's going to charity - so what's wrong with that?
    They could be lying, i think that's why people are angry.

-Kavanne

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kavanne)
    They could be lying, i think that's why people are angry.

-Kavanne
    Some are willing to prove they'll donate such as this one here

Whether they will or not is a chance you take. But if people are so bothered, why don't they stop people selling the wrist bands for a profit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Some are willing to prove they'll donate such as this one here

Whether they will or not is a chance you take. But if people are so bothered, why don't they stop people selling the wrist bands for a profit?
    Interesting. I think people are just fickle.

-Kavanne

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I think they have the right to sell them if they want, it's their tickets, I mean is Live 8 really losing anything? Besides better to have someone who really wants to go to the concert go than someone who doesn't really care and just sticks their tickets on Ebay. But yeah 1.1million is a bit much... :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Whoah. is this a joke or something? Are those actual auctions? And are the people really willing to pay that amount of money to see the concert? God I wish I'd texted to get tickets now.

ReputationRep:
    They're all £10,000,000.00.

<_<

>_>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kard)
    They're all £10,000,000.00.

<_<

>_>
    So people are willing to pay that for tickets?! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Oh for goodness sake NO!

People are bidding stupid amounts to stop people who honestly will PAY for the tickets actually bidding. There plan was to bid a stupid amount, when the bid closes, just refuse to pay up. It's agains the law, but they reckon they can get away with it. Alternatively they will withdraw their bids in the last second so that they go for much less then the sellers want

all in all it's an attempt to tell people who are selling them that they are tight cheap ******* who shouldnt be profitting off of this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    Oh for goodness sake NO!

People are bidding stupid amounts to stop people who honestly will PAY for the tickets actually bidding. There plan was to bid a stupid amount, when the bid closes, just refuse to pay up. It's agains the law, but they reckon they can get away with it. Alternatively they will withdraw their bids in the last second so that they go for much less then the sellers want

all in all it's an attempt to tell people who are selling them that they are tight cheap ******* who shouldnt be profitting off of this
    Riiight. Thank you for explaining that.

ReputationRep:
    OMG what the hell? £9,999,999.00? lol somethings definately not right about that.

ReputationRep:
    i personally wouldn't sell tickets for such a thing on ebay, but the concert isn't actually about making money, it's more to do with raising awareness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    Oh for goodness sake NO!

Why shouldn't they profit?! The Live 8 organisers aren't losing any money from these eBay sales - they could have chosen to sell all of the tickets for an extortionate price and people would have given their money willingly, but they chose not to do it like that. All the way through this, they've said it's not about raising money.

I really don't see what's so wrong with this - the ticket sellers are just meeting a demand, and if people want to pay thousands for a ticket I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to do so. If they want to give the money to charity, that's obviously a good thing, but they shouldn't be forced to.

ReputationRep:
    It's the sheer amount of tickets that are up for sale that is more shocking than anything... it's as if it was all premeditated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternal Fantasy)
    It's the sheer amount of tickets that are up for sale that is more shocking than anything... it's as if it was all premeditated.
    Well, when Live 8 was announced, how many of us were thinking 'I bet hundreds of tickets will turn up on eBay'? If I'd had my wits about me, I would have done the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    i just herd on the radio, that Bob Geldoff is going to the courts or something about this selling on e-bay .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxhayleyxx)
    i just herd on the radio, that Bob Geldoff is going to the courts or something about this selling on e-bay .
    ah more publicity for him... they've won the tickets they shoudl be able to do what they want with them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    ah more publicity for him... they've won the tickets they shoudl be able to do what they want with them

hes argument is that, hes doing a free concert to get money for the poor and people are abusing hes generosity or somthing...

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.