Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spoon1)
    I have to disagree with alot of you. Yes, it is wrong to sell live 8 tickets on Ebay to make money for yourself, bu there were alot of people selling their tickets and giving the money to charity. If I had won some live 8 tickets I would have sold them on Ebay and given all the money I made to charity, as I know that there are lots of people who would want to go to live 8 more than me.
    fine for people who are going to do that and donate the money, but realistically most people won't.. most touts will have just texted in loads of times with the intention of selling these tickets on, which pisses me off. it's so unfair for people who actually want to go. they'll be able to sell the tickets somehow but I'm glad that they made it harder for them. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I really, really want to go. Normally u wouldnt buy them, as its again my principal. But, in this case i definatly am willing to. I already donate 10 pounds out of my own money to Makepovertyhistory every monthy, and i feel i deserve a ticket. So, im going against my principals and offering to buy tickets off anyone. Very hyprocritical of me i know, espesecially when i was one of the sabotagers on eBay.

ReputationRep:
    offer sexual favours like me! s'cheaper!

ReputationRep:
    I just txted the once, on the spur of the moment cos i heard it on the radio, and got tickets! I wasnt gonna go, but then i checked the lineup and saw the cure are playing and now im definately going! But has anyone actually got teh tickets in their sticky mits yet? I sent off for mine by registered post on Mon and they havent arrived yet.

ReputationRep:
    I've won some but do not have them in my presence yet, we were told we had to collect ours from O2 shop in Birmingham as opposed to them being sent to us! Can't collect them until 20th tho!

ReputationRep:
    I flogged my tickets for £1070, bought em off ebay for £300.

I don't see the complaint! He wanted tickets more than the money, I wanted the money more than the tickets, we both walked away happier and nobody else was or will be affected. Not only that but I'm donating £100-150 to charity to an added bonus.

Also any affluent buyer willing to spent £1070 on tickets is richer than me, thereby has a lower marginal propensity to consume, so I'm putting more money into our economy, which in turn turns into foreign consumption (in part) some of which is to Africa (we are their biggest importer).

ReputationRep:
    Also, would any of you have a problem with selling a car you won at a charity raffle?

ReputationRep:
    no people have been making bids such as £100,000,000 to stop people buying the live 8 tickes, but they obviously wont pay up, they just make a bid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bricktops)
    no people have been making bids such as £100,000,000 to stop people buying the live 8 tickes, but they obviously wont pay up, they just make a bid.
    I bought my tickets buy-it-now. I sold my tickets off ebay (my auction was removed).

ReputationRep:
    I may be a little late posting this, but I got tickets! YAY! And I only text twice!
    SO excited about seeing Macca!!

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe they've invited the POPE to Live 8, when it's about trying to solve the problems of Africa, one of which is the AIDS crisis - and the Pope is against contraception. Sensible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom Holder)
    I flogged my tickets for £1070, bought em off ebay for £300.

I don't see the complaint! He wanted tickets more than the money, I wanted the money more than the tickets, we both walked away happier and nobody else was or will be affected. Not only that but I'm donating £100-150 to charity to an added bonus.

Also any affluent buyer willing to spent £1070 on tickets is richer than me, thereby has a lower marginal propensity to consume, so I'm putting more money into our economy, which in turn turns into foreign consumption (in part) some of which is to Africa (we are their biggest importer).

I have to admit, If someone offered me over a grand for my tickets I would willingly sell them. I know some people who still wouldn't, but that kind of money would tempt a lot of people. I'm not saying it is right, just that it would be hard to say no.

ReputationRep:
    I offered somone 200 and they said no. I wouldnt pay that amount, just tresting their pinciples. I still wanna go So unfair.

ReputationRep:
    If anyone has any spare tickets, I'll be living about 50m from Hyde Park over the summer... (cash donations negotiable, too).

ReputationRep:
    I have 2 tickets. I dont want to go. I see nothing immoral in selling them. If ney1 wants them email me with an offer. [email protected]

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.