London Marketing Services

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone on the forum ever worked for them before, would like to hear about your experiences. Just had a job offer from them and i have read some stuff on the internet about them being a bit of a dodgy company...so yeah

ReputationRep:
    I thought about applying and called up- i got the impression it was sales hidden under title marketing

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear don't even bother unless you want to be doing door-to-door sales with NO basic salary (100% commission) and ALSO, through sly contract, being self-employed. Don't go. Everybody gets through the 1st round who is remotely young and desperate (not an insult, just saying they aim to get graduates / students who are hard up for finding a job). The 2nd round will be you 'shadowing' someone, i.e. doing at least 8 hours door-to-door service for them for NO PAY while they make you feel like you are priviledged and just might be the one...

source = happened to me, but from one of the other types of this company.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afc_49)
    Has anyone on the forum ever worked for them before, would like to hear about your experiences. Just had a job offer from them and i have read some stuff on the internet about them being a bit of a dodgy company...so yeah
    for the love of god avoid them, its a labour scam.

The clue is even in the name, very hard to research that on the internet, they're not even listed. Move on from LMS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nase14_aldayz)
    for the love of god avoid them, its a labour scam.

The clue is even in the name, very hard to research that on the internet, they're not even listed. Move on from LMS.
    i just had an interview with these people and the second stage is to go for a day interview and now seen this thread. it did look too good to be true, so am i right in saying it is just a scam! and i should not go to this second stage?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by best boy!!)
    i just had an interview with these people and the second stage is to go for a day interview and now seen this thread. it did look too good to be true, so am i right in saying it is just a scam! and i should not go to this second stage?
    Don't go lad.

They'll just have you walking around doing door to door selling crap. Heard a lot of stories about them, rushing you into a first interview, not telling you much, phoning you straight after, etc.

I know you may feel a bit down because it was initially a job you were interested in, but don't give them the satisfaction of working for them for a day.

ReputationRep:
    Don't go lad.

They'll just have you walking around doing door to door selling crap. Heard a lot of stories about them, rushing you into a first interview, not telling you much, phoning you straight after, etc.
    this is exactly it, i dont know much about the actual job and they have phoned me about 6 times already making interviews and confirming interviews.
    Saying that they want me available in the next 48 hours. Also i did notice that they weren't registered at the building they said they were in.....uhm.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by best boy!!)
    this is exactly it, i dont know much about the actual job and they have phoned me about 6 times already making interviews and confirming interviews.
    Saying that they want me available in the next 48 hours. Also i did notice that they weren't registered at the building they said they were in.....uhm.....
    lol, yeah sounds about right.

Good job you came on here before going to the second interview. I was invited to a first interview, and then was doing some research, found all this stuff about them. Called a few people asking if they'd ever heard of them. It's not on what they do.

Keep plugging away with the job search, lesson learned!

ReputationRep:

Keep plugging away with the job search, lesson learned!
    many thanks you've put my mind at ease!!
    oh btw here is a link to a website for anyone else, it has many more stories like ours!

http://lecari.blogspot.com/2009/07/l...other-job.html

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    Few days back I had an interview over there.After that they called me & told me that you are selected for the next stage( according their speech it's training & company's features,how can they run their business etc).When I went there, they sent me in North London with a Bulgarian lady Mariyana to know about the business.
    But it was fund raising for World Vision Charity,And if you are able to manage 3 persons within a day then U'll get salary. Otherwise nothing......There is no basic payment.
    I completed A Levels from US & doing ACCA in here, pretty interested to get a part time job in my field....!!!
    But unfortunately I am shocked,so dont go there.............
    they are liar & there is no existence of their website as well

ReputationRep:
    guys,I wanna thank everyone for the info.I also got into the trap of going for what they offer.I have an interview with them tomorrow.I already had in mind that there was something dodgy going on,so your posts just made up my mind.thanks again..

ReputationRep:
    I fell for this scam last year and I work for the company for 3 months. It was pain staking work arriving at the office by 7.30am and leaving by 7pm sometimes 8 pm 6 to 7 days a week. I did gain a lot of experiences in not to take regection personal and how to become a nuisanse to people, but it really wasn't worth it. There is no grantee you will recieve an income which was based on commision on the products you're able to sell and career progression within the company way slim, It also doesn't take a graduate to do this kind of n't job. It's a waste of time and should be avoided by all. Don't listen to their story of success and wealth crap. It only plays on our despiration and greed.

ReputationRep:
    Hello there,
    It's really funny !!
    They called me again for an interview.

ReputationRep:
    I've just got back from a second interview with these scammers! Unfortunately i didn't see this thread before i went. They took so long in telling me how the company actually works that i was already wary when it was explained! it's not a business model, It's a Pyramid scheme! The sad thing is the poor guy that was supposed to be training had obviously been sucked in and believed in it!

I wonder if their clients like talk talk know how hey operate?

ReputationRep:
    I applied one of their vacancies by reed.co.uk. First they send me an invitation mail for an interview. But i got the mail to my Spam box. I didn t reply and book any appointment. Today they called me and left a voice message to call them back and book an appointment. I was quite desperate to call them back. I decided to find some information about them and i think i got all i need Thanks to people who shared their experiences and wasting my time with this scam company. Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    I have just missed a call from them, was going to ring them back but decided to have a look on the internet to find out about what they were about before I called back and came across this thread lol.
    a woman that sounded really friendly left a message to call back but don't think i'll bother now thought it was abit to good to be true i send so many C.Vs off and hardly anyone emails back or rings as quickly. Has no one had any good experiences? there website seems professional but vague to what they actually do!!!

ReputationRep:
    THIS IS A SCAMM!!!!!!! seriously do not go, i got invited to the 1st interview so i went, was down some dodgy side road near london bridge your made to think its a big company as the address is 14-20 but really its a dodgy basement in some tower block with cardboard furniture and classroom style chairs there actually not even registered under the building!

everyone’s really weird and so over the top if you ask me it seemed as if they may have even been actors hired to do these interviews, they didn’t even tell u about the role really and call u only a few hours later to tell you that you’ve got through to the second round.

I decided not to go to my second interview as I was very suspicious about it all and this forum confirmed it all! They tried to call about 8 times on the day of my second interview so i didnt answer and got a reallyyyyy weird email from there HR person called 'Liza' the email was really strange, she said 'why didnt you come you didnt even call, I just want to know if it is something I have done?' I was like what the helll??? So yea basically thanks to everyone on this forum hope others read it too!

ReputationRep:
    These scams just called me today. Oh my gosh! they kept forcing me to go for the first interview tomorrow even though I told them that I am ill and wouldn't be able to come in tomorrow. Needless to say, I am not going to the interview tomorrow. Thank you guys for writing all your posts. I am so glad I checked. I am a very suspicious person and I am glad I followed my gut instincts. Something just didn't quite gel together. Thanks guys. You saved me.

ReputationRep:
    So Glad I have read this in time!!!

My alarm woke me up bright and early this morning to attend the second interview today, but I had a gut feeling in my stomach and thought I would just quickly google them before I got up and started getting ready!
    Good thing I did! Thank-you for your response you saved me from wasting my time and money!! Now Im going back to bed!!!!! Its 7am!

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god, don't go anywhere near them. I am SO glad I'm not the only person to be duped by them... They are playing the recession exactly to their advantage knowing that if they advertise for graduates and have a professional looking website that people will come in droves. Then exactly like above, I was one of those people who got the friendly sounding phone call and asked to interview....I was chuffed but DONT BE TAKEN IN! They know how to make you feel special by phoning you all the time and raise your hopes...The truth is they're vague in their job description because all it is is door to door selling for charity .... I spent 9-6pm on my feet "shadowing" someone ...no stop for lunch, walking around council estates getting money for the red cross... don't listen to all their rubbish about how you can be making your own money and all their sales speak and marketing terms which they use to make you think they are experts...you will be working for nothing, in the wind & rain, with no office, only getting commission! They also wanted me, a 21 year old woman to work by myself into the evening in some of the dodgiest areas of south London and didnt even seem to think it was an issue when I raised it! This was right at the beginning of the recession so felt like I shud give it a go....pushed into accepting the job exhausted at 7.30pm after full day walking door to door. I am SO glad I rang the next morning and said there was no way I'd be doing it. These people are COWBOYS trust me, they are just taking advantage of the uni leavers who they know are willing to get some experience. Temp, stuff envelopes, but please dont go anywhere near them LMS!!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 25, 2013
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you ever go to a non Russell Group uni?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Marketing,Sales ad PR Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.