Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhivago)
    No. Last year on EdExcel 45% was an A, and 61% was an A*. I think 30% was a B.
    That is just ridiculous...why not just set an easier paper rather than having to score less than half the marks to get an A?! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I might be biased, but I would say AQA. Paper 1 was a nightmare. I'm praying it will be better 2morow. My prayers seem to be working for other papers :p:

ReputationRep:
    ccea is the hardest. Theres no real point in me saying this, but you have to do a ccea exam 2 see, they are really hard!!!!!!! We probably get the same standard as ur edexcel maths exam, BUT, the grade boundaries are still really high, A* is 90% and above, and there are alot of people who get full marks or close to full marks, me being one of them.

ReputationRep:
    in fact
    LAST YEAR WAS 45 % - A
    61% - A*
    edexcel

this years paper is easier tho so grade boundaries wil be higher

ReputationRep:
    It's kind of a stupid question cos we only do one exam board per kid. so we all ahve different opinions on what is hard ans can't really argu.

ReputationRep:
    AQA Maths paper 1 was awful enough. I reckon the grade boundaries should be - 9% for a C and 31% for an A*

ReputationRep:
    AQA without a doubt. Last week was hard. Im so not looking forward to tomorrow. :'( I probably should be revising now actually.

ReputationRep:
    Last week wasn't so bad for AQA. There were a couple of questions that were difficult but thats it......in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough. Being mixed with intermediate level students and being a higher tier candidate really doesn't work in my opinion. I think the Maths department at my school will have a shock on results day and will have to re-think how they can rectify it for next year.

Hopefully, the calc paper tomorrow will be that bit more doable, although I believe it will be as equally hard as the non-calc one never mind..

ReputationRep:
    in fact
    LAST YEAR WAS 45 % - A
    61% - A*
    edexcel

this years paper is easier tho so grade boundaries wil be higher
    Thankyou! "Silly" my arse :p: I'm hardly going to want to make it up am I? Unfortuently I reckon the grade boundaries will be higher this year too. However, I don't think they can change them too dramatically *hopes and prays*.

ReputationRep:
    uh...they wont change them that much. It will be 70% for an A*.

ReputationRep:
    About 60%/high 55% for an A then? Is that about right do we think?

ReputationRep:
    Everyone I know, including myself, found that AQA paper ridiculously hard. I'm praying the boundaries drop accordingly.

ReputationRep:
    Don't know about the hardest board but I'm doing OCR and paper 1 was quite easy.... tho last year u only needed 65% on paper 1 and 71% on paper 2 for an A*! hope it's the same this year...

ReputationRep:
    i think last year's ocr paper was easier than this year's, do people not think the same?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhivago)
    About 60%/high 55% for an A then? Is that about right do we think?
    My head of Maths said he believed it would be somewhere between 60% and 70% for an A-grade and at least 80/85% for an A* this year (based on the Non-Calc Paper).

I actually prefer it when they are hard but the grade boundaries stay nice and low....

ReputationRep:
    AQA Higher wasnt even that hard, you just had to think it wasnt anythin we definitely didn't know or hadn't done before!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.