Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi, i was jst wondering if i didn't put my as grades on the ucas application and i was applying for a medicine would universities discriminate me because of that?

ReputationRep:
    The may say that don't but they will. They want to se what your A2 predictions are based on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Star_ice)
    hi, i was jst wondering if i didn't put my as grades on the ucas application and i was applying for a medicine would universities discriminate me because of that?
    if you didn't they may think you've got an alterior motive for not doing so. Although i know some schools/colleges have a policy of not giving out AS grades so you wouldn't be alone.
    I'd show them if possible, gives them a good indication of your commitment as predicted A2's can sometimes be inaccurate.

ReputationRep:
    also is there ne1 who got offers from univeristies without putting as- level grades on your ucas from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rmyl)
    Although i know some schools/colleges have a policy of not giving out AS grades so you wouldn't be alone.
    those policies of not cashing in/sitting AS exams till U6th etc. are normally mentioned in the ref though, so as not to disadvantage their students by making it look like they personally have something to hide..

ReputationRep:
    why dont you want to put them down? it depends on your predicted grades really

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of doing the same thing, coz I don't think my AS grades are gonna be very good. I think I could have scraped Bs in chemistry and biology, and possibly an A in history, but a U in maths!! But I figured I'm more likely to get an interview if I put them on my UCAS form, and write a really good personal statement, and explain at my interview why my grades aren't brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    At AS I got..
    Bio - A
    Phys - B
    GS - B
    Chem - C
    German - C

It was a good referee's statement that got me my interview. Once you get to interview all the interviewers know is your name and they get a copy of your PS - it is literally completely down to you then. If your grades are less then desirable don't make excuses unless you get forced into talking about it!

ReputationRep:
    The may say that don't but they will. They want to se what your A2 predictions are based on.
    I did not put down my AS grades as they were not cerified (school policy) and got offers. If your school decidies not to cerify AS levels and this is mentioned in your references you are not going to be disadvantaged.

ReputationRep:
    But I figured I'm more likely to get an interview if I put them on my UCAS form, and write a really good personal statement, and explain at my interview why my grades aren't brilliant.
    If you get that interviu in first place. Unless there are some existing circumstances that are going to be mentioned in your refrences ABBU grades are not going to look too good aspecialy compering with all those applicants with 5 A's. Make sure your PS is realy exeptional and you have plenty of work exprience to make up for grades otherwise you may well not even reach interviu stage.

ReputationRep:
    so is putting lets say 4 Bs on the 4rm better than putting nothing?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 15, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.