Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    anyone applying for astrophysics?
    doesnt seem to be a popular subject...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minkailin)
    Astrophysics is an optional module with straight physics here at King's. Some of my friends are doing it, seems OK.

ReputationRep:
    cool
    i ddnt apply to kings tho
    just wondering...i think i'm the only one in my school applying for astrophysics lol

ReputationRep:
    I think Nylex does Astrophysics at Birmingham.

ReputationRep:
    my physics teacher at an IB summer course in Cambridge this summer told us astrophysics is for all the physicists who want an easy PhD!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    my physics teacher at an IB summer course in Cambridge this summer told us astrophysics is for all the physicists who want an easy PhD!
    lol! not sure if i'll continue astrophysics to phd level tho...
    thinkin of theoretical physics atm..
    if i'm lucky enough!

ReputationRep:
    lol! not sure if i'll continue astrophysics to phd level tho...
    thinkin of theoretical physics atm..
    if i'm lucky enough!
    hehe, I like astrophysics (I'm only doing it as an option in IB physics SL though). And I should probably mention that the teacher who told me this had a PhD in astrophysics himself, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    I think Nylex does Astrophysics at Birmingham.
    Wanted to do the Physics with Astrophysics course with a year abroad, but they've put me down for straight Physics with a year abroad. Astro doesn't really start till 2nd year, though.

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to be an astrophysicist when I was younger
    I seem to have gone in a completely different direction now though - I'm a potential Anthropologist and it's lonely feeling like the only one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    I wanted to be an astrophysicist when I was younger
    I seem to have gone in a completely different direction now though - I'm a potential Anthropologist and it's lonely feeling like the only one
    I'm doing social and cultural anthropology in IB... It is the subject I hate most... why did I take it... It's so boring...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Funshine)
    I'm doing social and cultural anthropology in IB... It is the subject I hate most... why did I take it... It's so boring...
    Oh well - everyone has different interests lol! I can't wait to do the biological side to anthropology in particular - genes are interesting.

ReputationRep:
    My friend has applied for Astrophysics - so far I think he's had offers from UCL and Southampton and a rejection from Imperial.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.