Turn on thread page Beta

Big Problem, well kinda! watch

ReputationRep:
    hello people, i have a firm offer and an insurance offer.
    my firm is lougborough uni to do aco*****ng and finance, and i need BBB, but i have a feeling i will get BCC or if ime lucky BBC, but the thing is i have got an insurance offer at man met, for like 200 points which i will easily get. but now i dont really want to go to manchester met as i dont think its the place for me, is it a possibility that i could cancel this insurance offer and apply through clearing IF i dont get in loughborough?
    and also i was wondering if there are many accounting and finance courses in clearing for the most reputable unis for business. thank you people in advance for replying, i am really worried and i am not sure if it is too late to do this, thanks again

ReputationRep:
    hi
    i know what you are going through, i had demontfort as insurance and did not want to go. Firstly, you must ring up the uni and tell them. Then you have to put it in writing.

So :

To 'uni name here' admission dept,
    I currently hold you as insurance for 'course & course code' for 2005 entry. I no longer wish to attend you university for personal reasons. I would be very greatful if you could please withdraw my application.

Regards
    Name here

Remembers UCAS track ID and stuff!!

Then you will get a 'withdrawn' sign next to your insurance on UCas - worked for me! just be speedy!

ReputationRep:
    hey thanks you guys, you have been very helpful, do u think loughborough will accept me with BBC? and another thing are there any reputable unis for business courses in clearing, if so please could you tell me, better yet could you please tell me how you got the last years clearing grades and unis for courses thanks again!

ReputationRep:
    theres some clearing stuff on this clearing thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t121569.html

i think theyd accept you, usually they allow 1, possibly 2 grades lower than what they offer you. depending on how popular the course is.

Just because a uni goes into clearing doesnt always mean theyll be more relaxed with an offer. Becasue some set aside places purely for clearing. However in most cases it means they cant fill the places.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpLeeds)
    my firm is lougborough uni to do aco*****ng and finance, and i need BBB, but i have a feeling i will get BCC or if ime lucky BBC, but the thing is i have got an insurance offer at man met, for like 200 points which i will easily get. but now i dont really want to go to manchester met as i dont think its the place for me, is it a possibility that i could cancel this insurance offer and apply through clearing IF i dont get in loughborough?
    and also i was wondering if there are many accounting and finance courses in clearing for the most reputable unis for business. thank you people in advance for replying, i am really worried and i am not sure if it is too late to do this, thanks again
    well i dont know much abt this UCAS system as an international student but im going to loughborough to do Management Sciences i have an unconditional offer hope to see ya there n best of luck for ur exams i hope u'll get good enough to get into lboro.
    I'll suggest concentrate more on studies rather than worrying i know its natural but u should give more time to studies so that u can easily get into lboro anywayz
    Best Of luck

ReputationRep:
    hi people, i posted ap ost about 2 week ago and this is the post:

and also i was wondering if there are many accounting and finance courses in clearing for the most reputable unis for business. thank you people in advance for replying, i am really worried and i am not sure if it is too late to do this, thanks again.

i am wondering if it is too late to still do this or not because i really do not want to go to my insurance, as i believe i can go to a better uni than man met with bbc or bcc. please reply thanks!

ReputationRep:
    hi people, i posted ap ost about 2 week ago and this is the post:

and also i was wondering if there are many accounting and finance courses in clearing for the most reputable unis for business. thank you people in advance for replying, i am really worried and i am not sure if it is too late to do this, thanks again.

i am wondering if it is too late to still do this or not because i really do not want to go to my insurance, as i believe i can go to a better uni than man met with bbc or bcc. please reply thanks!
    i THINK you just need to write to manchester to cancel ur insurance place now, then if you dont get into lobro you'll automatically be in the middle of clearing. But best bet is call UCAS on monday, only they will be able to tell you exactly what has to be done. Im about to cancel both my places so i can try and change course through clearing, and i know it means i have to write to the unis asking them to cancel my places.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...08#post2348708

Why not just continue posting in your original thread.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you can ask Manchester Metropolitan to release you. I had a similar situation as you, but I ask my firm choice to release me instead of the insurance. What I did was contact the university and UCAS to release me.

ReputationRep:
    man met is my insurance.. bit unsure about going there too!

ReputationRep:
    yeh, i just gone off the idea to go to man met dont know y, just dont want to be there with all Man U fans, as i am leeds supporter, they may beat me up or something lol. but thats not the reason, ust dont want to go to man met as i have been to it and not to keen on going there

ReputationRep:
    I think mine is just the fact that i really wanna go to newcastle, my firm and dont want to go anywhere else! lol

ReputationRep:
    yeh, i just gone off the idea to go to man met dont know y, just dont want to be there with all Man U fans, as i am leeds supporter, they may beat me up or something lol. but thats not the reason, ust dont want to go to man met as i have been to it and not to keen on going there
    I don't think you would get beaten up when you are a leeds fan. Everybody supports different teams and there is no problem with that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    I don't think you would get beaten up when you are a leeds fan. Everybody supports different teams and there is no problem with that.

Are you for real???

So people don't ever get randomly beaten up for wearing the 'wrong' football shirt then???

Have you ever been to a football match/walked near a ground on match day? Especially when there's a local derby on?????????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    Are you for real???

So people don't ever get randomly beaten up for wearing the 'wrong' football shirt then???

Have you ever been to a football match/walked near a ground on match day? Especially when there's a local derby on?????????????
    lol people do get beaten up at local derbys all the time if they are at the wrong place at the wrong time. u rememeber 2001 when leeds were in champs league against galatasaray where 2 people got killed!!! ime just glad i ran off now, cos i dint want to get beaten up

ReputationRep:
    easily avoided.. simply don't wear a leeds shirt.

ReputationRep:
    I’m not trying to have a go at anyone by saying this, but it makes you look very indecisive if you take these steps, and really doesn’t look very good! People should research very thoroughly the course, the university and the area BEFORE submitting the UCAS form – so situations like this don’t happen!

But the biggest issue is that the university place you want to be released from could have gone to someone who actually wanted to go there, but were rejected, and are now having to go to another university.

ReputationRep:
    maybe we were happy with our choice before hand.. i dont mind going there like i said i just really wanna go to Newcastle.. its not just us, plenty of people change their minds!

ReputationRep:
    thanx vicki, like u i have changed my mind also as i really want to go to loughborough myself, and if i dont get in lboro, then i will be very happy to apply thru clearing and stay in leeds!

ReputationRep:
    thanx vicki, like u i have changed my mind also as i really want to go to loughborough myself, and if i dont get in lboro, then i will be very happy to apply thru clearing and stay in leeds!
    I have the same problem myself I KNOW for a fact with absolute certainty I do NOT want to go yo my insurance uni, Reading I only put it down cus it was my only insurance offer all other offers wanted the same as my firm :mad: Indeed even Reading did except they want points - 300 points, equivilant of BBB or ABC.

I know I wanna do Neuroscience and it's not gonna be Neurosci at Reading that's my biggest problem with Reading. I know I'm secured for overall AB anyway in my A2s - it's just Chemistry - I need a B to get into my firm, Nottingham and I keep getting freaked out I'd get a C and Notts won't take me.

But unlike you I'm also scared of asking Reading to release me cus what if I don't get into a university!? :eek:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.