Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    is there ne universities that r easy to get into than others when applying to medicine?

ReputationRep:
    no.

of course there are some that a given individual is probably more likely to get into than others..

but generically "easy"? just no.

ReputationRep:
    well thats wat i meant

ReputationRep:
    well, it's not what you asked, is it? :p:

& without knowing what type of "given individual" you are, my ESP skills to suggest suitable universities are rather lacking... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    this may sound dumb but wat is ESP?

ReputationRep:
    extra-sensory perception?

ReputationRep:
    Statistically... yes. But then if you used numbers of applicants per place, then cambridge would be relatively easy to get into. We all know that it isn't.

There really is no way of telling which unis you're more likely to get into, so just apply to the ones you want to go to. You'll be able to justify your decisions that way, which will enhance your chances of getting past the interview.

ReputationRep:
    Look at the prospectuses, e-mail them for further info (i.e. how much do they look at GCSEs) and make your choice on that basis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Star_ice)
    this may sound dumb but wat is ESP?
    english, spelling, punctuation.

Anyway, back on topic:

No matter which uni's you apply to, they are all competitive. Therefore, they will need to interview you, get good GCSEs and A-levels, with a good personal statement and reference. In addition, you would also need to take a test like BMAT or MSAT along with those things I mentioned above. However, some uni's use those tests though.

For more information on the tests, refer to these websites:

http://www.ucas.ac.uk/tests/bmat.html
    www.bmat.org.uk
    http://www.ucas.ac.uk/tests/msat.html
    http://www.acer.edu.au/tests/university/msat/intro.html

ReputationRep:
    oh ok- thanx evry 1

ReputationRep:
    Also, don't do something silly like apply to Southampton purely because they don't interview. 2 people in my school did this and found southampton to be the only med school to reject them. If you want to apply to Southampton because of its course structure, then do so, but avoid making the decision because of their policy on interviews.

You don't have to be fantastic to pass an interview; just confident and informed. It's a part of the application process that people often fear unnecessarily.

ReputationRep:
    Also, don't do something silly like apply to Southampton purely because they don't interview.
    I agree. Do not do it (see my signature).

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.