Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering where you can information on courses and universities that had clearing places in 2004.

cheers!

ReputationRep:
    lol well that gives me the information i need thanks! lol I would give you some rep if you could be bothered to type it out hehehe.

It would add the information provided on TSR and thus make it a more useful resource for students looking for help and guidance. As a moderator, Im sure that it would be in your interests to help make TSR the best it can possibly be!

I have to say its pretty f**Kin great as it is lol. Sometimes you cant improve on perfection :tsr:

ReputationRep:
    lol do you have a scanner, send em over, ill PDF them, then upload them to TSR subsite, on some webspace of mine lol..

architecture and nothing else pleasese ;-) - just straight 'architecture' please.

ReputationRep:
    *edit*

ReputationRep:
    Have you got the list for Q300 (English) please? Just to get an idea in case I don't make the grades :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Can you post the Civil Engineering list please...

ReputationRep:
    thanks PQ ur a star!

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone explain clearing to me please. Am i right in thinking these are all the university places left over so to speak? How does one go about applying for them? I also noticed that in the lists from 2003 that even places like UCL, Oxbridge etc. have places in clearing; does anyone know if oxbridge interview clearing candidates? I am slightly surprised that they dont fill their places :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juneau)
    Can anyone explain clearing to me please. Am i right in thinking these are all the university places left over so to speak? How does one go about applying for them? I also noticed that in the lists from 2003 that even places like UCL, Oxbridge etc. have places in clearing; does anyone know if oxbridge interview clearing candidates? I am slightly surprised that they dont fill their places :confused:
    Read PQ's link that she gave you. It tells you everything there. One more thing to tell you about clearing, sometimes the uni lowe their requirements a bit during that period. Those places have some vaccancies so you might get accepted with or without meeting your offer sometimes.

When you are eligible, you will be automatically be sent a clearing form. However, you are allowed to apply to one uni at a time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juneau)
    clearing is pretty staright forward, uni's list their courses with vacancies and potential applicants ring up the uni to apply for the course.....they may ask a few questions (kinda like a short interview) but shouldn't be to bad.

Don't forget you need a clearing entry form, which is sent automatically if you miss your offer's. If you don't want to go to your insurance then ring them up and cancel your offer...they will cancel it - even though your under obligation. Then ucas should forward you a clearing entry form, however bell them up to confirm this.

But make sure you thoroughly check the course content because it is natural to rush through choosing a course when time is a major factor

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible to type out Psychology C800 please?

ReputationRep:
    If you didnt meet your offer for your firm choice.. can you apply for it through clearing?? Just wonderin seen as you said they lower requirements?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vicky600)
    If you didnt meet your offer for your firm choice.. can you apply for it through clearing?? Just wonderin seen as you said they lower requirements?

NO WAY...they wouldn't have rejected you in the first place if that was possible

(Original post by esx77)
    NO WAY...they wouldn't have rejected you in the first place if that was possible
    False, you are free to apply to any institution you like in clearing (including ones you have been previously declined by. There could be a million and one reasons why you might get lucky through clearing. For instance if there were limited places pre-results but post-results the places have not been filled they would almost certainly prefer someone who has shown a previous interest than a complete randomer who they know nothing about.

ReputationRep:
    yeh i was talking to head of sixth form about it earlier.. so i would be able too!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 17, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.