Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    as no one seems to have any synoptic papers n i havent seen any can any one sugest what types of things are likely to come up?
    the ones i have seen seem weird n i think im gonna fail!!

thanks

ReputationRep:
    i think conservation of energy and momentum questions will come up. probably have to explain how it applies in the example.

ReputationRep:
    how can you know, from your past experience or sixth sense??? I did a few synoptic question, and I feel energy is quite important though.

ReputationRep:
    do u have any examples of questions?

ReputationRep:
    they always like to ask those type of questions; they're in previous papers

ReputationRep:
    wut type?

ReputationRep:
    they sometimes ask stuff like differences between types of fields

ReputationRep:
    Conservation laws and fields seems to be the key. Unfortunately this covers pretty much everything.

ReputationRep:
    yes, i think it covers so much things!!! In fact, this is what module 4 is all about!

ReputationRep:
    got any examples of questions?

ReputationRep:
    there was one last year about microwaves i agree with sarah12345 they are so random!

ReputationRep:
    They do seem pretty weired, its really sucky! I keep writing about something completely different to what its asking I cant find any links to any past papers but they let us see some at school, it all seems to be work energy and power and some of the more baisic electricity stuff V = IR, Q = IT and all that sort of stuff. Its just all the writing i can't cope with!

ReputationRep:
    My school gave us each five past papers, with mark schemes. I've gone through them and made notes on the stuff I got wrong (i.e. all the wordy bits :p: ). I've attached them to this post, if you're interested.

Endeavour is right, conservation laws and fields seem to come up a lot - problem is, that covers so much. I'd say the key to the exam, though, is to write as much as you can for every wordy question - for example, as an answer to one question I wrote that you should use the left-hand rule to work out the direction of something, but I could have got two (!) more marks by writing down what the fingers and thumb each represented. Really irritating!
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: doc Physics Revision Notes - Unifying Concepts.doc (41.0 KB, 221 views)

ReputationRep:
    They also ask loads of random SHYTE, such as 'estimating the temp. of a freshly made cup of tea' :mad: :mad: :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mikemania)
    My school gave us each five past papers, with mark schemes. I've gone through them and made notes on the stuff I got wrong (i.e. all the wordy bits :p: ). I've attached them to this post, if you're interested.

Endeavour is right, conservation laws and fields seem to come up a lot - problem is, that covers so much. I'd say the key to the exam, though, is to write as much as you can for every wordy question - for example, as an answer to one question I wrote that you should use the left-hand rule to work out the direction of something, but I could have got two (!) more marks by writing down what the fingers and thumb each represented. Really irritating!
    Wow that's great stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Yea, my physics teacher told us that when answering a wordy question and decide to put an equation in, always write what each symbol represents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mikemania)

thanks dude!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 15, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.