BeataLucky
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I have been allocated in Ifor Evans Hall, Camden road. It's single room, catered facilities. 133 per week meals included. I would like to swap to any other single room (preferably en suite if available) closer to university(5-10 min. walk). PROXIMITY!
would anyone want to swap????
rockrunride
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It's stupidly close already. 29 takes you to college in 10 minutes flat.
Saif12
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
So I got an offer for College Hall, cant afford it so I need to swap it with someone. I was looking to move into Ramsay but I guess I cant be too picky at this point. I need to figure this out now so quick replies would be appreciated. Thanks
Rob3195
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hey. Lets talk. I've just got an offer for Ramsay and College was my second choice (Connaught first). I can't guarantee anything just yet but I'm certainly up to discuss it.
Saif12
Report 10 years ago
yea man, i dont know what the procedure for this is though, cause ive got 4 days to accept my college hall offer and then i guess wel be able to sort this thing out but yea ive got no clue on how to do this
Rob3195
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I was hoping you knew. Damn.

Oh, is your offer an en-suite?
Saif12
Report 10 years ago
its a single, i called ucl and they said that swapping is possible but you have to talk to the who manage the intercollegiate halls, so i spoke them and they said something about the swap being finalized before the 1st of Sept.
Rob3195
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Odd, I just phoned UCL and the guy said you have to wait until 3 weeks into term, then something about a list you have to sign up to. Regardless, this sounds much better. I don't want to move in, meet people, then move out...
Saif12
Report 10 years ago
Yea true. Anyway ive got 4 days until this offers expires or whatever, gives us some time to think about this, I think the best thing do to would be to go there personally, if your nearby that is.
Rob3195
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ok, I'm going to go into the city now. I'll post again this evening.
Rob3195
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sorry man. They won't change it. I have to wait till 3 weeks after term before they will consider swapping. Intercollegiate halls such as College obviously have a different rule. I hope you are able to find someone else who can swap.
Saif12
Report 10 years ago
Yea i called them to, they said its the same for intercollegiate halls as well, so If I wanted to swap from College Hall to Ramsay id have to put my name on the list and all that, then i can swap in 3-4 weeks. Is there anyway we can swap before term starts?
Rob3195
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Doesn't look like it, sorry man.
hk_kiddo
Report 10 years ago
Hi!

i would like to trade my john dodgson house ( ensuite, single, self catered, 10 mins walk from ucl) with any inter collegiate hall, preferably college hall or canterbury hall.

i actually applied to college hall and canterbury hall, and as a international student i heard piority will be given My younger sister is entering ucl in the same year ( i took a gap year) and shes going to college hall and we would really like to go to college hall together.

i dont mind paying exta for all the trouble. do consider!

thank you so much!
jt7887
Report 10 years ago
Hi,

I have been offered a room at Frances Gardner house for £168 a week. It's way out of my price range and would like to know if it is possible to switch with anybody. I have already called UCL accommodation who have been very unhelpful and said there is no way to switch, so if you cannot afford it don't come here. Wanting to switch to anywhere relatively near UCL which is cheaper.

Thanks
logic123
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
does your student loan not cover it>?
jt7887
Report 10 years ago
No where near. I don't get any grants at all and my loan is for £4988 and my total accommodation cost is £6410.
logic123
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
no grants= filthy rich parents, so get asking them man
jt7887
Report 10 years ago
Thanks, thats really helpful.
logic123
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
well, tbh its true, i know your asking for help, but one would think, to ask parents for help? They clearly have sufficient money if you get NO grant.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.61%
I'm not sure (56)
4.65%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (352)
29.21%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.9%
I'm not a current university student (586)
48.63%

Watched Threads