Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Before anyone starts im aware theres another thread on the trial...but I wanted to start a less serious discussion...

Ive just put on his 'number ones' collection and have been sat thinking about how enjoying his music would have been taken away from me (for moral reasons) if he had been sent down. Id have still kept my CD's obviously, but not played them.

Whether you like or don't like MJ as a person or musician, his music has been a major influence on life and culture..and a world not playing his music or selling his CD's would have been weird.

Anyone else had the urge to put his music on today? or is it just me!

"im gunna rock with uuuuu, all nighhhhhtt..."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rooftopcowboy)
    Before anyone starts im aware theres another thread on the trial...but I wanted to start a less serious discussion...

Ive just put on his 'number ones' collection and have been sat thinking about how enjoying his music would have been taken away from me (for moral reasons) if he had been sent down. Id have still kept my CD's obviously, but not played them.

Whether you like or don't like MJ as a person or musician, his music has been a major influence on life and culture..and a world not playing his music or selling his CD's would have been weird.

Anyone else had the urge to put his music on today? or is it just me!

"im gunna rock with uuuuu, all nighhhhhtt..."
    Yep, I played Billie Jean in my car coming back from work - although you're right, i haven't listened in aaaaages but had the urge today!!

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a shame to be put off by an artist's work after knowing the character of the artist. If I was already a fan, I too would feel reluctant to listen to his music if he had been guilty (and maybe even now when not). It just wouldn't be the same. It shouldn't be like that though!

ReputationRep:
    Ive been listening to his stuff for a few months now, and I must that I am addicted

ReputationRep:
    I've had issues with Michael Jackson's music ever since I watched the 'thriller' video. So damn scary.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.