Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanMushMan)
    right,
    i love cheese, especially stilton and brie (also eat a lot of cheddar).
    I'm eating some Sainsbury's taste the difference brie, and I'm very disappointed. Its a lot more expensive than their normal blue brie, but is hard and doesn't melt in your mouth like the cheaper one does. Also, its come in a massive pack, so I've gotta eat my way through the expensive crap.
    The Taste the difference Stilton I like, and have always liked.

Now isn't this all very interesting.
    philadelphis cream cheese and california sharp chedder....theres nothing like it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sassy_j)
    i am going through a cheese and crackers phase.

I asked my dad to buy some cheese today and he got tescos own, but it tastes a bit rubberish, but its still nice.

x x x
    Does that mean you've got to post in nearly unreadable yellow?

ReputationRep:
    For heaven's sake, change your font colour - you just set my eyesight back 5 points!

(Original post by sassy_j)
    i am going through a cheese and crackers phase.

I asked my dad to buy some cheese today and he got tescos own, but it tastes a bit rubberish, but its still nice.

x x x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haz)
    For heaven's sake, change your font colour - you just set my eyesight back 5 points!
    highlight it to read, don't bother trying to make the words out.

ReputationRep:
    erm.....that was clever!

ReputationRep:
    But but, it's easier just to post in black...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    philadelphis cream cheese and california sharp chedder....theres nothing like it!
    pah, you americans can't make cheese. European cheeses are far superior.

ReputationRep:
    have you ever had american cheese? or borders cheese? since your NOT american (snobby european) you prolly have never tried it and therefore your opinion is worth absolutely nothing

ReputationRep:
    have you ever had american cheese? or borders cheese? since your NOT american (snobby european) you prolly have never tried it and therefore your opinion is worth absolutely nothing
    well yes i have, i've been to america many times and they also sell philly cream "cheese" here. Whilst it tastes reasonable, it's hardly a cheese. As for your californian "sharp" "cheddar", proper cheddar can only be made in England. Cheese from the US is mass produced rubbish with extra "stuff" added to make it more appealing and sweet to your population. Real American cheese eaters import their cheese, just like they do with wine.

ReputationRep:
    well yes i have, i've been to america many times and they also sell philly cream "cheese" here. Whilst it tastes reasonable, it's hardly a cheese. As for your californian "sharp" "cheddar", proper cheddar can only be made in England. Cheese from the US is mass produced rubbish with extra "stuff" added to make it more appealing and sweet to your population. Real American cheese eaters import their cheese, just like they do with wine.
    nah
    we dont import our wine....mostly in america we drink wines from the sonoma vally....and u never said that you had tried california chedder so yeah.... and i think youll find that imported wine in america amoung wine snobs is considered inferior to california wines....

ReputationRep:
    Yep - they get it from Kings at auction

ReputationRep:
    Why do we insist on buying loads of French cheese when we've got loads of great cheese in the UK? All your crumbly ones (Wensleydale, Cheshire, Lancashire), the veined ones (Stilton), your cheddars and then all the ones with fruit in.

But no, we insist on buying edam and other forms of rubber flogged as edible.

Truly, it stinks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haz)
    yea inexperienced foos....yall have NO idea wut you are talkn about!

ReputationRep:
    typically american spoon fed by his media and government..... oh dear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haz)
    I know what you're talking about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meepmeep)
    Why do we insist on buying loads of French cheese when we've got loads of great cheese in the UK? All your crumbly ones (Wensleydale, Cheshire, Lancashire), the veined ones (Stilton), your cheddars and then all the ones with fruit in.

But no, we insist on buying edam and other forms of rubber flogged as edible.

Truly, it stinks.
    i don't really care for edam and stuff, but I like Brie. However stilton is my all time favourite.

ReputationRep:
    from the guy who cites philly cream cheese as one of the best in the world.

ReputationRep:
    typically american spoon fed by his media and government..... oh dear.
    his? last time i checked i did NOT get a gender change! and i (my dad is a wine snob) have no idea what your lkn about? wut is kings? oh and my dad makes us watch the bbc and french news so im not spoon fed by OUR media!

ReputationRep:
    from the guy who cites philly cream cheese as one of the best in the world.
    i didnt say the best...i said nothing like it!

ReputationRep:
    his? last time i checked i did NOT get a gender change! and i (my dad is a wine snob) have no idea what your lkn about? wut is kings? oh and my dad makes us watch the bbc and french news so im not spoon fed by OUR media!
    ok, sorry about the gender change, but you always seemed quite gender neutral to me, actually more masculine because of your avatar. However, I have just read your sig so I apologise on that.

As for cheese and wine, I can let it go .
    The American cheese and wine industries aren't the best. Maybe that's all you eat because importing it would cost a lot, but I've seen how you sell your cheese in massive chunks. It may taste nice, but taste some English cheese and they're totally different, totally different flavours, textures etc.

The californian wine is reasonable, but still has a long way to go to match the European ones, and even the Australian's.

As for Kings, its related to Kings Col, Cam, which apparently sold off some of its v expensive wine for not very much to try and pay off some debts.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.