Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanMushMan)
    ok, sorry about the gender change, but you always seemed quite gender neutral to me, actually more masculine because of your avatar. However, I have just read your sig so I apologise on that.

As for cheese and wine, I can let it go .
    The American cheese and wine industries aren't the best. Maybe that's all you eat because importing it would cost a lot, but I've seen how you sell your cheese in massive chunks. It may taste nice, but taste some English cheese and they're totally different, totally different flavours, textures etc.

The californian wine is reasonable, but still has a long way to go to match the European ones, and even the Australian's.

As for Kings, its related to Kings Col, Cam, which apparently sold off some of its v expensive wine for not very much to try and pay off some debts.
    at grocery stores some american wines go for 400 dollars so there pretty expensive.........im sure uve just never had the expensive stuff...and ive had european cheese, its kinda gross..... dont worry bout the gender thingmy best friends are guys it must rub off!

ReputationRep:
    I only really like cheese cooked, on/in things.

Para example- pizza, pasta, garlic bread etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    at grocery stores some american wines go for 400 dollars so there pretty expensive.........im sure uve just never had the expensive stuff...and ive had european cheese, its kinda gross..... dont worry bout the gender thingmy best friends are guys it must rub off!
    it must be an internal market, because there's no such thing as an expensive american wine outside the us
    Look at the foreign wines, they're the expensive ones. Heard of champagne?? The most expensive bottle of wine ever sold was french, bought by americans. Even watching US TV shows , all I see in restaurant scenes is french wine being ordered.

ReputationRep:
    Amreicans charge $400 for a bottle of wine? I'm sorry, but great as people think America is, they will never be able to match a decent cab-sav from any little vineyard in France/Germany.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2003
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.