Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please explain the whole theory of relativity, time travel and time viewing please as i do find it very interesting but ive never been able to study it in depth at school?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    lol bloody hell. Google it.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by melbourne)
    Can someone please explain the whole theory of relativity, time travel and time viewing please as i do find it very interesting but ive never been able to study it in depth at school?

Thanks!
    I'm just reading a book on the theoreis of time travel and the like, but I'm in no position to really talk about it in depth to you. Maybe try one of the physics forums on here, I'm sure someone there may be able to help you

ReputationRep:
    try this http://www.physicsforums.com/ or the library or google as somebody said

ReputationRep:
    I haven’t yet met any physicists that can explain general relativity, most of them admit that the theory is mind boggling.

If you find any good explanations I would love to hear them.

Sorry I can't help any more

IGS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I.G.S.)
    I haven’t yet met any physicists that can explain general relativity, most of them admit that the theory is mind boggling.

If you find any good explanations I would love to hear them.

Sorry I can't help any more

IGS
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_relativity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melbourne)

Thanks!
    Shouldnt u post this is an academis forum :wtf?:

ReputationRep:
    It involves tensors. :s:

Beyond that dont ask.

Think rubber sheet. Its complicated. If you want to understand it I suggest 2 books:

1) Brief history of time - Stephen Hawking
    2) Black holes & time warps - Einsteins Outrageous legacy - by Kip Thorne.

ReputationRep:
    You're better off asking this in the Physics section or else the Cambridge subforum?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irisng)
    You're better off asking this in the Physics section or else the Cambridge subforum?

Why the Cambridge forum? Can't people from other unis understand physics?

ReputationRep:
    Its about how space-time dimension is curved, resulting in energy being able to form from the collision of dense objects at the speed of light, or beyond.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irisng)
    Cambridge! What about other unis :mad:

besides full GR doesnt appear til yrs 3 or 4 because of the fact it has evil tensors in it. If youve met a matrix a tensor is a billion times worse. In fact a matrix is a 2 tensor but you can get 3, 4 or even 50 dimensional tensors :s:

ReputationRep:
    I looked in the physics degree forum and hardly anyone posted in that and thats why i posted it here.

Yeh i understand it would take a long time to explain- thanks anyway guys.

Im going to buy a few books during the summer and read up on it i think.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.