Will maths be easier tomoz??? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Veritas
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Do you think that AQA maths is going to be easier tomoz, to even out the ggrade boundary. I do moduler and it was so ****ing hard more like a further maths A2 module than a GCSE one.
Tess06
Report 13 years ago
nononononononononononononononono nono....paper 2 is apparently always harder than paper 1 (but that's ocr, i don't know about aqa)...
Veritas
Rep:
?
well all of the practise papers are quite hard
Egan1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by thinktank)
Do you think that AQA maths is going to be easier tomoz, to even out the ggrade boundary. I do moduler and it was so ****ing hard
One can hope but who knows? I've been doing some past papers today and yestarday and they seemed alright - more volumes and trigonometry etc which aren't too bad. Though I suppose it depends how the questions are applied- which I think was a huge part of the problem in last weeks exams.

I'm hoping, seeing I completely mucked up the first paper (to the point where, looking back, I even managed to completely fail to do simple things I know), that this paper will turn out a lot better. I've already had to accept that I wont be getting my predicted A (after Wednesday) but failing would be...really quite horrible!
Veritas
Rep:
?
were AQA the only exam board where it was impossbile, also was it only the moduler paper which was hard.
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
hmm, a lot of ppl seem to be doing AQA and OCR. 314,000 out of 650,000 do maths on edexcel tho. So, and im no mathmatician :p: , it shud be expected that around half of u must be doing edexcel? and know, that the calc is always harder and that this year's non-calc was much easier.
JrW
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I've always found calculator a lot easier than non-calculator (Edexcel) because on the non-calc paper you have stuff like functions and surds (which is quite easy, but not as easy as things like trigonometry where you can't go wrong if you know SOHCAHTOA)
Veritas
Rep:
?
SOHCATIOA is only useful completely for intermediate tier
Cb.Incus
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I do AQA A Maths and I'm not expecting paper 2 to be any easier than paper 1. After hearing peoples' thoughts on paper 1, i'm expecting the grade boundaries to be lower than recent years...unless paper 2 is a lot easier.
Dark and Lovely
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
paper 2 is always easier because that where people generally do better as it's easier to make mistakes on paper 1 as you are usin your head as the calculator
Mr. Fox
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by jamierwilliams)
I've always found calculator a lot easier than non-calculator (Edexcel) because on the non-calc paper you have stuff like functions and surds (which is quite easy, but not as easy as things like trigonometry where you can't go wrong if you know SOHCAHTOA)
Concurred.

I hope I do better this time.
Veritas
Rep:
?
No i always find non calc a lot easier. i just hope that the grade boundaries are snake ****.
[email protected]
Report 13 years ago
my post is not related to dis but i juz wanna ask wer on da web do u get 2005 c2 marks scheme
[email protected]
Report 13 years ago
is any one der
Veritas
Rep:
?
what is C2? If its a-level related your more likely to find out in the a-level forum.
Xx Tomásíona - Mháire xX
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
just remember all to bring ya calculators tomorrow :p: xoxo
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by [email protected])
my post is not related to dis but i juz wanna ask wer on da web do u get 2005 c2 marks scheme
Not quite sure what exam you're referring to, but I think often papers and mark schemes aren't released for a year. So you're unlikely to be able to get a 2005 one yet.

May be wrong however, as I say, I do not actually know what you;re asking for.
Veritas
Rep:
?
i'll take my laptop and use the calculator in that
HearTheThunder
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
argh I'm seriously not looking forward to tomorrow, I did really badly on paper 1 and I need a VERY high mark to get my B... I usually do better on paper 2 but I just don't know, I have a feeling the exams gonna be impossible again..
Johnt
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm not looking forward to it either, they've been keeping the transformation questions and 'draw a angle at ...' for this paper I can just tell now

I've been positive thinking about Maths this year, getting B's in both previous module exams. These are the papers that will let me down I guess...

I suck at Maths
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (535)
37.84%
No - but I will (110)
7.78%
No - I don't want to (96)
6.79%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (673)
47.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed