Turn on thread page Beta

This forum is rubbish (sometimes and lately) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BABY_MASKALL)
    That Guy Is 100% Correct, This Forum Has Gone Downhill And It Isnt A Learning Forum Anymore, Whenever An Educational Thread Gets Posted Nobody Helps Or Responds, Instead, They Just Talk About Rubbish As Evident By The Usless Threads In Here At The Mo, And Recently.

Educational Threads =rare Answers, Often Of Not Great Help.

Irrelevant Threads = Tons Of Conversation, Turning Away From Teh Point Of The Site.

Well Said By The Guy Who Started This Thread, Many People, I Repeat, Amny People Ahv Said The Same Thing.

"uk Learning Is Goin Downhill, It Isnt Educational Anymore, Blahhh, Blahhhh"

100% True.
    the reason why the edcucation threads go unanswered is because most of the time, it's new members that just say "i need help" and thats it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    i know hehehe, but you know, maths and Anna just dont mix. Maths rtries to get into my brain but fails miserably when it doesnt go past my eyes...
    Oh I know how you feel, I HATE maths!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanMushMan)
    ye, people keep on talking about stuff like cheese etc
    lol i take it youve gone past your 1000 posts then...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    Oh I know how you feel, I HATE maths!
    exactly,most people hate maths! why dont they just forget the subject? except uni's still recommend it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    exactly,most people hate maths! why dont they just forget the subject? except uni's still recommend it...
    Maths is only crap because of my lack of ability in the subject..bloody maths...what's it good for apart from determining the laws of the universe, getting men to the moon, making sure my house doesn't fall down, making my car stay on the road, helping people to formulate economic theories, accountancy etc etc. but apart from that it is pretty much useless :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blamps)
    Maths is only crap because of my lack of ability in the subject..bloody maths...what's it good for apart from determining the laws of the universe, getting men to the moon, making sure my house doesn't fall down, making my car stay on the road, helping people to formulate economic theories, accountancy etc etc. but apart from that it is pretty much useless :rolleyes:
    I understand that it can be good for shopping bills and measuring things, but that's about it. Come on, who needs trig? Who needs to find the area of a circle? Who needs to do inequalities? Who needs to do quadratic equations? What's their use?
    Basic adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing are fine, but beyond that is just stupid...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blamps)
    okay okay Blamps,i get what your saying...but i still think we dont need it! basic maths is all we need!

ReputationRep:
    I understand that it can be good for shopping bills and measuring things, but that's about it. Come on, who needs trig? Who needs to find the area of a circle? Who needs to do inequalities? Who needs to do quadratic equations? What's their use?
    Basic adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing are fine, but beyond that is just stupid...
    i so agree, its not like we're going to look at a circle and say 'hmmm i wonder what the area of this circle is then...'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    the reason why the edcucation threads go unanswered is because most of the time, it's new members that just say "i need help" and thats it.
    Sometimes, questions get answered and people don't actually know the answer, especially if people know zilch about the subject. Also, maybe people should put the subject and the topic of the question on the title of the thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    i so agree, its not like we're going to look at a circle and say 'hmmm i wonder what the area of this circle is then...'
    lol, exactly.

ReputationRep:
    believe me, ask my Key Skills AoN teacher. he will find a use for any kind of maths that we will beed in a furture life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    believe me, ask my Key Skills AoN teacher. he will find a use for any kind of maths that we will beed in a furture life.
    my teacher is like that, ill tell him we dont need maths but he'll give us a 4 hour lecture on what the world would be without it...personally i dont care but oh well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    my teacher is like that, ill tell him we dont need maths but he'll give us a 4 hour lecture on what the world would be without it...personally i dont care but oh well
    without maths there would be no christmas decorations.

apparently calculus is used 4 xmas decorations, integration espeically.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BABY_MASKALL)
    without maths there would be no christmas decorations.

apparently calculus is used 4 xmas decorations, integration espeically.
    I'd rather not have decorations.

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather not have decorations.
    ditto

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    ditto
    IS IT COZ I IZ BLACK?

ReputationRep:
    Well, this forum is about learning, not just about education.
    If people want to learn about peoples favourite songs etc. well its there choice.
    If this forum was purely educational, then there would be practically no posts on it whatsoever.
    as it is, when people require help, and are concise and clear about there request, they do recieve appropriate help, in general.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    Well, this forum is about learning, not just about education.
    If people want to learn about peoples favourite songs etc. well its there choice.
    If this forum was purely educational, then there would be practically no posts on it whatsoever.
    as it is, when people require help, and are concise and clear about there request, they do recieve appropriate help, in general.
    thats a very good point that. well done Iluvatar

"appaules"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    thats a very good point that. well done Iluvatar

"appaules"
    *bows* Thank you.
    I'd like to thank everyone who made this post possible. *holds back tears*
    Thank you to my parents, god, and all the fans who made this possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    *bows* Thank you.
    I'd like to thank everyone who made this post possible. *holds back tears*
    Thank you to my parents, god, and all the fans who made this possible.
    you'd like to thank god!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.