Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Do u think that the verdict returned by the jury was correct?

ReputationRep:
    how many threads do we need on this???
    yes.

ReputationRep:
    Probably.

The character of the prosecution witnesses didn't help their case, though.

ReputationRep:
    ultimately the jury knew everything there was to know. i'd trust their decision.

ReputationRep:
    The prosecution didn't have any physical evidence, and their witnesses were of questionable character. I was relieved at the decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychic_satori)
    The prosecution didn't have any physical evidence, and their witnesses were of questionable character. I was relieved at the decision.
    But not relieved enough to send your kids to stay at Neverland for the weekend I shouldn't think.

ReputationRep:
    people just always want money. i don't care. he's weird anyway.

ReputationRep:
    who cares?
    in any way parents are to blame for not taking care of kids, Michael Jackson did.lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    But not relieved enough to send your kids to stay at Neverland for the weekend I shouldn't think.
    Perhaps I should have phrased that better as "relieved *for the sake of the courts.*" If he were found guilty, I could just picture parents, desperate for any small settlement, lining up to have their children make similar claims against camp counselors and babysitters nationwide.

ReputationRep:
    The jury know all the evidence, we only know what we've been told. They made the informed decision, so how can they be wrong?

Just because someone is excentric(sp?) and a little crazy does NOT make them a paedophile. If a child stayed in your bed, would you touch it? I think not. The media has such an influence on this country its ridiculious.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's quite easy to form a negative impression of Michael Jackson due to his personality and sheer outrageousness, and therefore some people would have assume that he was guilty just because he falls into the very vague category of "weird". At the end of the day, the trial went ahead as normal, despite all the celebrity witnesses and media frenzy, and a verdict was reached. Cannot really be questioned now, and I'm sure the jurors took it seriously as it was no doubt quite a very interesting case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    ultimately the jury knew everything there was to know. i'd trust their decision.
    I agree :eek: (I never thought i'd agree with technik ). Why does everyone keep going on about this as if they are legal experts who have studied the case and are more qualified to make a decision than the jury?

I listened to an elderly female jury member say she was angry that Gavin's mother clicked her fingers towards the jury when giving her evidence. The old woman said "How dare she do that to me".

That about summed up the reason why she would have found him innocent - she was angry with a witness!

ReputationRep:
    I remember hearing somewhere that the jury said they THOUGHT he'd done it, but they didn't have the sufficient evidence for it to be "beyond reasonable doubt".

I think that is indicative of the public at large. He may have been found not guilty, but it's not going to convince many people that he's not actually done anything.

He should be locked up simpy for being the deranged individual he is!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mR_CaRL)
    The jury know all the evidence, we only know what we've been told. They made the informed decision, so how can they be wrong?

Just because someone is excentric(sp?) and a little crazy does NOT make them a paedophile. If a child stayed in your bed, would you touch it? I think not. The media has such an influence on this country its ridiculious.
    well said i agree completly, i will agree that micheal jackson is daft in the head with id say severe mental issues but i have never thought he was a kiddie fiddler.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    I listened to an elderly female jury member say she was angry that Gavin's mother clicked her fingers towards the jury when giving her evidence. The old woman said "How dare she do that to me".

That about summed up the reason why she would have found him innocent - she was angry with a witness!
    I think she (along with the other jurors) made it clear throughout the conference exactly why they made their decision. The fact that she found a witness rude (and I would if she'd done it to me) in no way invalidates their decision, unless of course you can prove she would have voted to convict otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Audacious)
    Do u think that the verdict returned by the jury was correct?
    Name me anybody on here who can make such a sound judgment without hearing/seeing all the evidence that the jurors did on his trial?

Lets face it, jacko is guilty of something. What he is guilty of, and whether there will ever be irrefutable evidence of whatever he is guilty of is a different matter.
    I do think some of the relationships he has with children are abnormal though, and suggestive of deep seated problems (as if we didnt already know...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychic_satori)
    Perhaps I should have phrased that better as "relieved *for the sake of the courts.*" If he were found guilty, I could just picture parents, desperate for any small settlement, lining up have their children to make similar claims against camp counselors and babysitters nationwide.
    Along the lines of "you sexually assaulted my baby, you changed his nappy (diaper)". I agree, although he should be guilty of something, giving alcohol to minors perhaps.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 17, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.