Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

how do countries prepare 4 volcanoes, and wots the difference between how medc'd and ledc's can prepare

i really, really need the answer by 9:30, so please please HELP!!!

ReputationRep:
    please i really need help!!!

just suggest any idea that comes into u'r head!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)

how do countries prepare 4 volcanoes, and wots the difference between how medc'd and ledc's can prepare

You can make sure you have appropriate warning signs in order to evacuate towns and cities in the dangers areas, make sure that large urban settlements are not built that close to volcanoes. Attempts have been made to divert and mudslides and landslides that occur due to the volcanoes such as diverting river channels. MEDC's can plan where they construct settlements as they have more knowledge.

MEDC's can prepare better as they can afford the early warning systems whereas the LEDC's less so. Also MEDC's will be able to construct defences again due to their larger finances. Other ways are MEDC's have better technology and therefore can understand the influences of a volcano more.

Hope this is of some help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)

Hi saf

Here is what i know from GSCE geography. Countries cannot really tell when the volcanoes will erupt, but they can look at patterns from the past. If a volcanoe is dormant or extinct, they are ok. When they are active, thats when the trouble begins.

Experimenters are constantly monitoring volcanoes, and when they expect that it will erupt, they warn people.

People prepare their families and stuff to move to another town, or at the worst another country.

Its probably not that useful because i cant remember it all but it may help you a bit

x x x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarco)
    You can make sure you have appropriate warning signs in order to evacuate towns and cities in the dangers areas, make sure that large urban settlements are not built that close to volcanoes. Attempts have been made to divert and mudslides and landslides that occur due to the volcanoes such as diverting river channels. MEDC's can plan where they construct settlements as they have more knowledge.

MEDC's can prepare better as they can afford the early warning systems whereas the LEDC's less so. Also MEDC's will be able to construct defences again due to their larger finances. Other ways are MEDC's have better technology and therefore can understand the influences of a volcano more.

Hope this is of some help.
    thanx!

but wot kind of defences r ther?

ReputationRep:
    wheres a thanku for me :-(

lol only joking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    thanx!

but wot kind of defences r ther?
    Very limited really. Diverting flows of lava, mud and earth are probably most common, though not always effective. I think that being able to predict when the volcano will erupt is the most important though still not very reliable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sassy_j)
    wheres a thanku for me :-(

lol only joking
    sorry!
    thanx nway!

ReputationRep:
    lol

thats ok

x x x

ReputationRep:
    thanx both of yeh!
    i would've given yeh reps ( that how despirate i woz) but i cant!
    may-b another time!

ReputationRep:
    what happens when you get reps then?

Im new to this so i dont really get it all?

x x x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    thanx both of yeh!
    i would've given yeh reps ( that how despirate i woz) but i cant!
    may-b another time!
    What?!? just did it for the rep.

lol glad to be of help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sassy_j)
    what happens when you get reps then?

Im new to this so i dont really get it all?

x x x
    wen u get 3 positive reps, u get a green gem, u've got one
    click one, click the yellow face ( on the bottom right corner) on one of u'r posts and it tells u how well u r doing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarco)
    What?!? just did it for the rep.

lol glad to be of help.
    lol!
    if u really want one, i'll give it to yeh tomrrow!

ReputationRep:
    oh i see

:-)

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.