Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ok, basically, in english i am doing a project on blood brothers, now, my teacher was asking the class what they thought of the songs in it, she said that we had to be honest, she asked me and i went "some of them were good, but it had 1 or 2 boring songs in it". Then she said if i said anything like that again, i'd be on a detention. Like, she asks for my opinion then moans at me because i gave it. How dare i do not tell her what she wnats to hear :rolleyes: Unfair or what?? :mad:

ReputationRep:
    did you ask her why she said that?

ReputationRep:
    sounds like she hates you, i have a teacher that hates me no matter what i do, so i kind of dont bother in her lessons anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Omg they put you in detention for stating your opinion? Does she not know we're living in the 21st century here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lozza)
    did you ask her why she said that?
    nope, i just sat there and decided i was not going to pay attention. For that, i cannot get a detention for staying quiet.

Ramroff: She does not hate me, she is usually fine with everyone, but she gets annoyed when she does not hear what she wants to hear.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: That's not fair!

ReputationRep:
    i think it might have been the word "boring", not liked by english teachers...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loopz)
    i think it might have been the word "boring", not liked by english teachers...
    but i never said it was sh*t or anything :confused: she asked for my opinion, she got it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LPK)
    nope, i just sat there and decided i was not going to pay attention. For that, i cannot get a detention for staying quiet.

Ramroff: She does not hate me, she is usually fine with everyone, but she gets annoyed when she does not hear what she wants to hear.
    I hated teachers like that. What's the point in asking for an opinion (honest also) if it's not what they want to hear. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LPK)
    ok, basically, in english i am doing a project on blood brothers, now, my teacher was asking the class what they thought of the songs in it, she said that we had to be honest, she asked me and i went "some of them were good, but it had 1 or 2 boring songs in it". Then she said if i said anything like that again, i'd be on a detention. Like, she asks for my opinion then moans at me because i gave it. How dare i do not tell her what she wnats to hear :rolleyes: Unfair or what?? :mad:
    course... teachers are only human and get irritated! :rolleyes:
    how rude!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LPK)
    Unfair - very.

I know exactly how you feel though, I remember in year 7 my english teacher asked me which of 2 poems I preferred and I said "I don't like this one because its more boring than the other" and I got threatened with being "stuck in after school detention" if I said it again. Whatever.

I think english teachers quite often are over the top and dramatic when it comes to saying stupid stuff and dishing out threats - I often got threatened with detention but was never given one.

ReputationRep:
    Usually the Physics teacher that hates me. Kinda happened in year 7 when i set my worksheet on fire ACCIDENTALLY with a bunsen flame.

Then i kept gettin D's, oh and i accidently blew up an Ammeter cos i put the wrong wire in the powere supply. (u knw wat its like wen ur copyin someone elses experiment)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LPK)
    Oh ive had these the stupid *****, say "Oh shut the **** up you stupid *****. Thinking your gods gift, just cause im fit and your a scraggly old hag, ill be getting it tonight like a rabbit whereas you'll be sat on your arse reading why Shakespeare has no balls. Cest la vie. Now im off to a real english teachers room instead of this tattered piece of ****. Oh im sorry were there no metaphors in that sentence. **** it."

If you have time also shout "ANARCHY FOR THE U ****ING K" And throw a table over or something.

*yawns*

ReputationRep:
    That would annoy the hell out of me! I studied Blood Brothers this year, too. We weren't asked our opinion on any of it. Our teacher just likes to ramble on all period about what she thought, as she loves the sound of her own voice. If asked, I would have said I found the whole play boring!

ReputationRep:
    that must have been hillerous to watch. I've got a D.T teacher. total cow and as thick as you can get. My friend also known as psycho gerbil here showed her a picture of a temple in Egypt and she thaught it was the Tagh ma Hal. Sorry can't spell it but I hope you get it that its the Indean placae

ReputationRep:
    Oh it's so funny when the teachers are thicker than the pupils. One of my teacher just reads from his handy 'teaching pack' that he gets with every damn module he teaches us. Everything from there is 'right' and anything we come up with that is not in the 'teaching for idiots' pack, we are wrong and stupid. It's so depressing when you have to teach yourself half an AS & A2.

ReputationRep:
    blood brothers, that brings back memories

ReputationRep:
    Ok I just have to stand up for Blood Brothers at this point, it's brilliant! :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LPK)
    Then she said if i said anything like that again, i'd be on a detention.
    You should have had the cane for that impertinence.

ReputationRep:
    yeah it's kind of unwritten law that you're not allowed to state your opinion in class, question a decision... I mean most of the time they just use it as a pretense for the fact that they can't think of an answer to your question or don't have good reason for their decision...

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.