The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I Just learnt to just agree with what teachers say.. When They really love something they get all protective over it and dont always like negatives. Ah well. Smile and Nod.
Reply 21
LPK
ok, basically, in english i am doing a project on blood brothers, now, my teacher was asking the class what they thought of the songs in it, she said that we had to be honest, she asked me and i went "some of them were good, but it had 1 or 2 boring songs in it". Then she said if i said anything like that again, i'd be on a detention. Like, she asks for my opinion then moans at me because i gave it. How dare i do not tell her what she wnats to hear :rolleyes: Unfair or what?? :mad:

did you justify it? or did you just want to slate her? blood brothers was really quite good, focus on the good bts not the bad
Reply 22
scratch the old bats car, that'll shut her up, just don't sign it whatever you do
ive got an unfair teacher aswell. we had a question in an ICT exam recently which no on knew the answer to. so AFTER the exam he makes us find out what it is, for homework, even though im droppin it for A" level. WTF ??? whats the point in that ?? it might have helped two weeks earlier before the exam :s
Reply 24
Yes, familiar story.... My teacher asked for an answer about To Kill A Mockingbird (which I quite like actually) and she said "well you're going to get a D aren't you." On results day it was an "ha! And you said I would get a D " moment!
Reply 25
That is very unfair! Maybe she misunderstood what you were saying, and interpreted it as something rude.
Reply 26
Hanzing
I Just learnt to just agree with what teachers say.. When They really love something they get all protective over it and dont always like negatives. Ah well. Smile and Nod.

That's true - and I find it most often happens with English teachers. Then again, maybe it's easier for them to have a favourite band/book, etc. rather than a science teacher getting all protective over certain formulae.
Reply 27
Yeh teachers suck !

Especiallly in the state sector they deliberately predict u low marks and bring yu down on cwk's unless ur theire pet !

They have no interest in getting u the A* or A's cause skools get grades based on how many come in the A-C bracket Sucks !
wow pete77 i think just maybe you are that thick judging by you post and the teachers are marking you fairly.
Reply 29
kalibantre
wow pete77 i think just maybe you are that thick judging by you post and the teachers are marking you fairly.

Wow, that was...uncalled for.
so is slagging off state schools.

if you get lower than expected of course its not your fault... but if you get a higher grade than you thought you'd never begin to question it would you? cause you're always right and the people that have been trained and educated in the situation are obviously always wrong.

it sickens me the lack of respect for teachers. it really does.
Reply 31
rofl there is NO WAY you can be put on detention for that.

Fight for your rights, boy
Reply 32
geez,and she asked what you thought of it too.
^%*$*#!!
Reply 33
I got told by my english teacher that I was too negative. Ha that was wierd I always liked to be positve.

Anyway its unfair of your teacher to ask for an honest opinion and then get annoyed when they get it. But in school people dont seem to take english as seriously as other subjects (well at my old school anyway) so that might explain the overprotectiveness.
I recon she thought you were just being "funny" and taking the piss. Obviously she was mistaken.

Whats your reputation amongst the teachers? a tear away? rebel? teachers pet? joker? If you are known as a joker amongst the teachers then they will assume everything you say is rediculous..

Have a word. Set the record straight. If she doesnt take to it, cana you report her?

or neg rep her :P
Reply 35
Well, at least she didn't ask me. I thought all the songs in the production I'd seen were f*cking awful... like Marilyn Monroe.
Reply 36
lessthanthree
funny that - I've had the soundtrack on to this all day :laugh:

I've been dancing in my underpants to "shoes upon the table"

Lol. I've er.. been listening to the soundtrack but I haven't gone that far :P

Latest

Trending

Trending