Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This is really weird but my hairdryer is acting like it's got some kind of hairdryer mental issue. Every time I dry my hair, then turn it off, after about a minute it makes a clicky noise and then won't come back on until it's made the clicky noise again, usually about five minutes later. It's really annoying because I stopped drying my hair for a minute to do something, now it won't turn back on and I've got damp hair. Anyone know why it does this and how I can stop it?

ReputationRep:
    its broken get a new one: www.ebay.com

ReputationRep:
    overheating perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    it's not broken. i haven't thrown it against the wall. yet.

it's not meant to overheat. *contemplates*. maybe it's haunted. or maybe it is broken.

ReputationRep:
    I have a pink hairdryer...

I don't know why that was relevant.

Is it a fancy hairdryer? Fancy hairdryers with all their switches and stuff confuse me. On and off - All the switches a hairdryer needs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezza)
    overheating perhaps?
    yer is probly that my mum had the same problem you either need to get a new one or not switch it off until you have finished with it

ReputationRep:
    the clicking noise will be the metal in the motors cooling down - similar to the noise you get from a car after a long journey, so its probably just a loose connection that, when heated, expands so breaks the fuse, so you cant turn it on again.
    just give it a shake and it might help, but nothing too badly wrong with it.

ReputationRep:
    Probably not a good idea to use it in case there is an electrical problem with in. Why risk setting yourself on fire when you could just buy another or towel dry your hair. It's a unlikely senario but apparently it can happen (maybe urban legend of course).

(Original post by Lozza)
    This is really weird but my hairdryer is acting like it's got some kind of hairdryer mental issue. Every time I dry my hair, then turn it off, after about a minute it makes a clicky noise and then won't come back on until it's made the clicky noise again, usually about five minutes later. It's really annoying because I stopped drying my hair for a minute to do something, now it won't turn back on and I've got damp hair. Anyone know why it does this and how I can stop it?
    the clicking is the thermal overload. maybe overheating thru not gettin enough air thru

(Original post by bikerx23)
    the clicking noise will be the metal in the motors cooling down -
    no. see above

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.