Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was really hoping for a Christian/Pagan question.. however it seems unlikely seeing as that was June 2004's question.

Has anyone's teacher given any possible questions.. because I've gone over everything.. but I'd like to think about some plans tonight!

ReputationRep:
    hey

i'm doing the rime of the ancient mariner. My teacher said that more than likely there will be a 'nature' question in some shape or form, be it the weather, the albatross, the wedding gust or the Hermit. They all link into one another so as long as you have a good understanding of all of those, you should hopefully have nothing to worry about.

I could give you an essay on the Hermit and the wedding guest if you want.

Remember to quote and you should be fine

good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks.. but questions directly about nature have come up a few times in the past, so I can imagine something else. I really want one of interpretations!

Ah well, we'll see.. I've learnt so so many quotes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryry)
    Thanks.. but questions directly about nature have come up a few times in the past, so I can imagine something else. I really want one of interpretations!

Ah well, we'll see.. I've learnt so so many quotes!
    even if they don't explicitly say 'nature' in the question i bet you could bring it in, in fact they would probably be expecting you to bring in that interpretation (it's the main theme of the whole ballad! lol) which links the wedding guest, which links God, which links the albatross, which links the mariner, which links the hermit and so on.....

do you get my drift? lol

ReputationRep:
    Yeh. I just tend to get thrown by obscure questions. I might just write everything I know haha. Something will be relevant! (j/k)

I feel that with the mariner you can steer the question in a direction that you want to depending on your knowledge. Like with the pagan question we looked, we looked a peoples actually exam papers from my school and some had go along the lines of yes it is pagan but not entirely it is also about this and this and this...and got good marks for it.

ReputationRep:
    What quotes are you all going to try and remember? I would have loved a nice list from my teachers (even more so for The White Devil) but no such luck, they just told us to learn a few! I will probably do the (b) question with the extract anyway, seems easier to pass the time analysing it for half the essay than staring at the other question and trying to remember some suitable lines!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 14, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.