Spin The Bottle - Cheating or not?

Watch
Poll: Would you consider a partner taking part in Spin the Bottle cheating?
Yes (135)
75.84%
No (43)
24.16%
Mr Bojangles
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I recently discovered that whilst my ex was with me he played spin the bottle and kissed a fair few girls numerous times. At the mature old age of 18 :P

He was drunk(which we all know isn;t a real excuse) but i was interested to find out how many people considered this cheating and how many people considered this harmless fun!

oh, and i mean that if you're not present at the time (and don't get told until your single :P)
Psycho0101
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
He is your ex. Why the hell do you care?
Kevin J
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hes your ex, move on, you shouldn't care.
pow1990
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
never mind misread! yeh ur ex dont really matter!
HCD
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Harmless fun :fyi:.
ormaybeitsjustnarcissism
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I've wondered this. I'd say depends on whether he enjoyed it, how into it both people were, etc.
UCAS_HELP_NEEDED
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Only if you don't watch bottleguy before it. :ninja:
betty-boop
Report 11 years ago
i would say its cheating....either way he doesnt seem worth the thought
Melting Sugar.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yes. but hey he's your ex.
('',)
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If you wern't there and playing aswell then cheating.
Mann18
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I don't think spin the bottle kissing legitimises anything, if you think kissing someone who is not your partner is cheating, then he did. Otherwise when people were caught cheating they'd just say "We were playing dares, and she dared me to have sex with her, what was I supposed to do?! She double dared me with a cherry on top! My conscience couldn't take that kind of heat"
Nuffles
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ('',))
If you were playing does it count as swinging? :confused:
timetokill
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Of course it is. The fact someone put a bottle on the floor and spun it doesnt take away from the fact that he kissed other people without your knowledge or consent does it?

As much as he or others may try and justify it by saying it was 'a bit of fun' or 'just a game' you shouldnt involve yourself in those kind of things or 'games' (in my opinion) if you are in a relationship.
Ilora-Danon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If you were in a relationship, why would you want to be playing a game that involved kissing others?

Not something I'd partake in if I had a bf. so imo, yes. It's cheating.
470dwndow54
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I've seen boyfriends/ girlfriends play spin the bottle when their partner was in the room, but if you didn't know, it was cheating.
Lucky you don't have to deal with the big break up now
Mr Bojangles
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by timetokill)
Of course it is. The fact someone put a bottle on the floor and spun it doesnt take away from the fact that he kissed other people without your knowledge or consent does it?

As much as he or others may try and justify it by saying it was 'a bit of fun' or 'just a game' you shouldnt involve yourself in those kind of things or 'games' (in my opinion) if you are in a relationship.
thats exactly what i thought x
Ilovewords
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
cheating, i'd fill the bottle with nail polish remover and make the jerk drink it. See how he likes bottles then.
Distortion
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Spin the bottle was the best, I used to always pick who I wanted to kiss.
Elektrolite
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I once played with my (then) gf in the group. When we were half way into the game, i spun it and landed on her, we kept the group waiting for a while :p:. Then i spun it and landed on the short indian facial haired girl :eek3:.

Assuming it aint some dodgy kiss-strip-shag spin the bottle, then i think its just for fun. Maybe a bit immature, but who needs mature these days?
snipex
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ('',))
If I was there to witness my GF doing this I'd still consider it cheating. I don't care if it's some game, you're still kissing someone else, I'll still count it as cheating.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (516)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (634)
41.38%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.37%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed