Turn on thread page Beta

new music 2005 watch

ReputationRep:
    this year has been great for new albums coming out

e.g. beck, queens of the stoneage, audioslave, dave matthews band, new order, NIN, U2, weezer, coldplay

here are a few i cant wait to come out this year from:

wu-tang ( 5 members are each releasing an album)
    koRn (can't wait)
    FLC
    static-X
    dr.dre
    staind
    DMX
    joe budden
    redman
    dope
    ying yang twins
    kanye west
    Q-tip
    groove armada

whats everyone else looking forward to ?

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking forward to the second Franz...other than that I haven't heard of anything else to get me really excited though I'm sure there will be!

ReputationRep:
    Arctic Monkeys are a good one to look out for. There's lots of bands at the moment that are getting quite a bit of airplay but aren't well known yet, but I suspect after they've played a good few of the summer festivals they'll be hyped up a bit!

ReputationRep:
    Looking forward to new stuff from the Shins and the Apples In Stereo. The Shins album in particular looks set to be awesome (I've only heard a couple of possible tracks from a Mercer acoustic set late last year).

Is there a new Iron & Wine album out this year? I really loved the darker, angrier and more experimental sound of Woman King, so that'd be awesome.

So far this year I've been really happy with Face The Truth, In Case We Die and Picaresque and a little disappointed in almost everything else.

ReputationRep:
    what about the new Billy Corgan album, "The Future Embrace." Its out today, go and get it!!!!!! If u didnt know, Corgan was the lead singer and guitarist of one of the most influential alternative bands of the 90s, The Smashing Pumpkins!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    ARCTIC MONKEYS
    ARCTIC MONKEYS
    ARCTIC MONKEYS
    ARCTIC MONKEYS
    ARCTIC MONKEYS

the new billy corgan album is cool, but tbh the band of 2005 and 2006 will be the arctic monkeys.
    Oh and i'm looking forward to the new kanye west album, Diamonds From Sierra Leone is class so i have no doubt it will be as good as the last one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KidA)
    ARCTIC MONKEYS
    ARCTIC MONKEYS
    ARCTIC MONKEYS
    ARCTIC MONKEYS
    ARCTIC MONKEYS

the new billy corgan album is cool, but tbh the band of 2005 and 2006 will be the arctic monkeys.
    Oh and i'm looking forward to the new kanye west album, Diamonds From Sierra Leone is class so i have no doubt it will be as good as the last one.
    where u hear the new billy corgan album?

ReputationRep:
    i've seen really abysmal reviews of the new Corgan one...

I'm waiting for........

Reuben
    Engerica
    Oceansize

's'about it......can't think of any more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bowie88)
    where u hear the new billy corgan album?
    you know *cough*bittorrent*cough*

i have ordered it though, being a bit of a Smashing pumpkins fan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catty)
    i've seen really abysmal reviews of the new Corgan one...

I'm waiting for........

Reuben
    Engerica
    Oceansize

's'about it......can't think of any more
    could u give some examples. All i have read have been really complimentary, even Kerrang! called it brilliant!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Elbow have a new album out in September too, which looks like it will be good. It's called "The Stops" if anyone is interested!

ReputationRep:
    Arctic Monkeys...s'gotta be...dunno if they'll get an album out by the end of the year, doubt it, but still...

also looking forward to new material from The Shins and Babyshambles

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babyshambles)
    Arctic Monkeys...s'gotta be...dunno if they'll get an album out by the end of the year, doubt it, but still...

also looking forward to new material from The Shins and Babyshambles
    apparently they're writing it in july, going on the tour, then recording/producing in september/october. so a proper single late summer and an album in the autumn is likely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KidA)
    apparently they're writing it in july, going on the tour, then recording/producing in september/october. so a proper single late summer and an album in the autumn is likely.
    i assume at least 4 or 5 of the songs they're playing live now would make it onto the album...so I guess it's very possible! which would be awesome!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babyshambles)
    i assume at least 4 or 5 of the songs they're playing live now would make it onto the album...so I guess it's very possible! which would be awesome!
    yeah definatly, i'll be gutted if they don't put at least one of mardy bum, bigger boys, scummy or a certain romance on the album. It wouldn't surprise me if fake tales or ritz to rubble isn't on it though, but i wouldn't care

i think they'll play loads of new songs on the summer tour though, which will be great

ReputationRep:
    Certain Romance, Mardy Bum, Scummy, Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor, Dancing Shoes and Bigger Boys would all make it onto the album i reckon...

but yeah, new songs would be great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KidA)
    Ooh is that its proper name? I just thought it was called Diamonds...but yeah, tis very good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkPigeon)
    I'm looking forward to the second Franz...other than that I haven't heard of anything else to get me really excited though I'm sure there will be!
    The second album has some tracks available on the net at the fan site from when they played live in moscow. Quality isn't too great though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BloodyValentine)
    The second album has some tracks available on the net at the fan site from when they played live in moscow. Quality isn't too great though
    Yeah, I've heard a couple of tracks (can't remember where from) and I didn't think they were too great, personally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiesha)
    Ooh is that its proper name? I just thought it was called Diamonds...but yeah, tis very good
    yeah this is what its undertones are about
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/821166.stm
    http://www.un.org/peace/africa/Diamond.html

its loads more obvious in the jay-Z remix which is also brilliant (on a p2p network near you)

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.