Report 13 years ago
Lol you sad bugger
I second that.
Lil Lee Lee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm on holiday for my A Level results, so I'd better not have to go through clearing..........
khil
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by kornkamper)
i had my GCSE results on my birth day last year
Only good if you've got good results Not to say I got bad results - but still!

18th August... meh
sqa7
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
no wayyyyyyyy

18th August

YouKnewThat!
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
What time do they normally come out? last year GCSE was about 11 am, quite a long time to wait!
hussain_123
Report 13 years ago
Well my college have told us that...(This is for a2 students only btw) ..if you've applied to uni via ucas you can actually go on their website about 4 days before results day (i think its 4 days not too sure) and you can check if your uni have accepted you onto their course..If you've got into the course you chose than you've got the minimum grades they asked for (e.g ABB) but if you dont get onto the course you wanted than that means you didnt do as well as you'd hoped and it means your grades are lower than the ones they asked for on the course.
mackin boi
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
http://users.ox.ac.uk/~chri1957/countdown.htm
=0
that is jkzzzz
elyse180887
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by mackin boi)
that is jkzzzz
My 18th birthday is results day!!! How unfair is that!!
Xebby
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well my college have told us that...(This is for a2 students only btw) ..if you've applied to uni via ucas you can actually go on their website about 4 days before results day (i think its 4 days not too sure) and you can check if your uni have accepted you onto their course..If you've got into the course you chose than you've got the minimum grades they asked for (e.g ABB) but if you dont get onto the course you wanted than that means you didnt do as well as you'd hoped and it means your grades are lower than the ones they asked for on the course.

Are you sure that you can do that? If so how would you find that on the University website?
Xebby
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
sorry that was meant to be quoted
mousey
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I don't think you can do that because in previous years UCAS has closed UCAStrack, but maybe this year you will be able to log in and see.

I'll be excited on the 18th. it's one of my friend's birthday's too, but luckily she's clever and she won't have to worry about not getting her first choice. xx
tmt0025
Report 13 years ago
18th is the day when the statements with the heat sensitive spot are given out?
But the headmaster (or who registers you for exams) can get the results 1 week early from the edexcel website
trev
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by tmt0025)
18th is the day when the statements with the heat sensitive spot are given out?
But the headmaster (or who registers you for exams) can get the results 1 week early from the edexcel website
AQA has the results online too. Not sure about OCR though.
englishrose
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It's so far away!

AS results might be given out on the afternoon of the 18th. I know some schools (including mine) give out A2 results in the morning, and AS in the afternoon. Depends on the 6th form population and the number of people available to process results, I guess.
trev
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by englishrose)
It's so far away!

AS results might be given out on the afternoon of the 18th. I know some schools (including mine) give out A2 results in the morning, and AS in the afternoon. Depends on the 6th form population and the number of people available to process results, I guess.
For us, AS and A2 students get them in the morning. They all went from 9am and onwards. I went at around 11 to get my AS, and all the students have gone already. I guess students will go away after the results, so you don't have to wait.
Dave_G03
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeh our college is only open to Upper 6 on the 18th so we would normally have to wait till the afternoon, however, this year lower 6 can log on to a special website and download thier results at 6.30 am, poor students that are on dial up will go through prolonged agony, yet another vote in favour of Broadband.
trev
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Dave_G03)
Yeh our college is only open to Upper 6 on the 18th so we would normally have to wait till the afternoon, however, this year lower 6 can log on to a special website and download thier results at 6.30 am, poor students that are on dial up will go through prolonged agony, yet another vote in favour of Broadband.
It's quite good that your school provides the results on a website that students can log on in to see it. Do they still get the results slips though?
englishrose
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeah, that website thing is a great idea. Cos obviously some people will have to travel a reasonable distance to their college or school, so going online must be very convenient.
dappleddawndrawndauphin
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Oh god... I finally finish the damn things and then I start stressing about the results. Does anyone else get these incredible feelings of frustration because as they're walking home from an exam or whatever, they suddenly realise things they left out that they should have written about?? I seem to have this inbuilt mechanism whereby in the exam room I forget what needs to go into an answer, then I come out and it all hits me
trev
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by *Bethany*)
Oh god... I finally finish the damn things and then I start stressing about the results. Does anyone else get these incredible feelings of frustration because as they're walking home from an exam or whatever, they suddenly realise things they left out that they should have written about?? I seem to have this inbuilt mechanism whereby in the exam room I forget what needs to go into an answer, then I come out and it all hits me
I am in the same position as you too. I'm sure you will still get the grades you want, as at least you know what stuff to write in the other questions. Unlike me, I would get bad grades.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (213)
39.23%
No - but I will (38)
7%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.63%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (256)
47.15%

Watched Threads