Turn on thread page Beta

cambridge interview just had it! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    just had my maths interview at Girton College, they gave me this dodgy test which i couldnt answer the questions and then 2 interviews about the test just going through it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robert_harrison)
    just had my maths interview at Girton College, they gave me this dodgy test which i couldnt answer the questions and then 2 interviews about the test just going through it
    Happy with it or not then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robert_harrison)
    was the question very hard??what they ask in the interview??

ReputationRep:
    i just had my english interview today. the practical crit was fine but the interview consisted of making me look stupid, which i really didnt need help with

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liversausage)
    i just had my english interview today. the practical crit was fine but the interview consisted of making me look stupid, which i really didnt need help with
    Which college was it for? How did they make you look stupid? I've got mine tomorrow, sort of looking forward to it?

Do you have any inclinations as to whether you will get an offer (hope you do!)?

Were you able to talk about the books you like, read etc?

Good luck with the outcome.

xxx

ReputationRep:
    hello robert
    i didnt realise u were on here 2.
    i just got back from cambridge after having my econ interview.
    it was so weird!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samit_mapara)
    hello robert
    i didnt realise u were on here 2.
    i just got back from cambridge after having my econ interview.
    it was so weird!
    my econ one was terrible too.
    which college did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xinxinlu)
    my econ one was terrible too.
    which college did you apply?
    what questions did they ask you and how about your test??

ReputationRep:
    my interviews tomro as well

ReputationRep:
    Which college was it for? How did they make you look stupid? I've got mine tomorrow, sort of looking forward to it?

Do you have any inclinations as to whether you will get an offer (hope you do!)?

Were you able to talk about the books you like, read etc?

it was for trinity. they didnt really try and make me look stupid i just did it myself by over talking when i didnt understand a poem i was given. i dont think i will get an offer on the basis of the interview, but from the practical crit i felt i had as good a chance as any of the others so who knows? but probably not

the man asked me about what books id read lately and i mentioned a confederacy of dunces and hed never heard of it. so maybe i dont even want to be taught by him. ha

ReputationRep:
    just had my philosophy interview.

you could tell they had made up their minds before the interview finished, what they had decided... i have no idea.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.